Solvent trap guys.....hope you got your stuff if you planned to build one yourself

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Solvent trap guys.....hope you got your stuff if you planned to build one yourself

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:43 am

In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

DanB

Re: Solvent trap guys.....hope you got your stuff if you planned to build one yourself

Post by DanB » Fri May 26, 2017 8:36 am

Things have cooled down a little since the SDTA fiasco. Some outfits quit altogether and some have dropped certain items. No more 1 stop shopping for the most part. Now it takes 2 or 3 suppliers to get it done.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Solvent trap guys.....hope you got your stuff if you planned to build one yourself

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:20 am

DanB wrote:Things have cooled down a little since the SDTA fiasco. Some outfits quit altogether and some have dropped certain items. No more 1 stop shopping for the most part. Now it takes 2 or 3 suppliers to get it done.

so, who still has the tubes ??, cups and freeze plus have just about disappeared from ebay, Amazon and the usual places :-k

I saw your WTB ad in the sale section, there were only 1 or 2 guys here who fell for the whole make your own turd thing. =:wvr
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 305tillimoved » Fri May 26, 2017 11:45 am

Rentprop1 wrote:
DanB wrote:Things have cooled down a little since the SDTA fiasco. Some outfits quit altogether and some have dropped certain items. No more 1 stop shopping for the most part. Now it takes 2 or 3 suppliers to get it done.

so, who still has the tubes ??, cups and freeze plus have just about disappeared from ebay, Amazon and the usual places :-k

I saw your WTB ad in the sale section, there were only 1 or 2 guys here who fell for the whole make your own turd thing. =:wvr
If that...
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

DanB

Post by DanB » Fri May 26, 2017 1:45 pm

You guys are harsh!!! First off, the WTB ad was legit. All the stuff is available thru retailers and I am just looking for a deal on leftover stuff. Try reading up on things before you jump. Tubes can be gotten from diversified machine as well as all the other stuff. Apogee sells tubs and end cap. Griffin armament sells muzzle brakes. Several other suppliers sell cones and baffles. Go read form 1 suppressor .com......You jerks that know it all don't know squat.

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Fri May 26, 2017 10:41 pm

DanB wrote:You jerks that know it all don't know squat.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

DanB

Post by DanB » Sat May 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Yeah..complete silence from the big mouth "experts" here and on my WTB thread. You'd think they'd have some facts before they flap their gums and try to label me an ATF snitch. That's ok, I know the type. Probably just a bunch of keyboard commandos. Don't even have the stones for an apology.

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Sat May 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:32 am

DanB wrote:Yeah..complete silence from the big mouth "experts" here and on my WTB thread. You'd think they'd have some facts before they flap their gums and try to label me an ATF snitch. That's ok, I know the type. Probably just a bunch of keyboard commandos. Don't even have the stones for an apology.
We havent had a crotchety old fart who acts like a 17 year old call of duty reject in a while. ...this should be fun [smilie=011.gif]

Show us your homemade Form 1 collection there sport...or at least show us some of your stash for when you finally plan to put it together once HPA passes =:wvr

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Sun May 28, 2017 7:06 am

DanB

Post by DanB » Sun May 28, 2017 7:42 am

Old Fart , yep and proud of it. Bein old aint for sissys. Call of duty reject, not quite. USMC 0311, 1965-68
No pics of my stash but already got my stamps before the new rules about trusts, go I'm ok for that. Just stocking up if hpa ever passes which I kinda have my doubts. May have to buy more stamps the new way. Contacted Rep. Bill Posey and it sounds like hes against it. Says the old law has been working fine. He obviously doesn't know too much about 2A culture.

John K
Administrator
Administrator

Post by John K » Sun May 28, 2017 9:20 am

DanB wrote:Yeah..complete silence from the big mouth "experts" here and on my WTB thread. You'd think they'd have some facts before they flap their gums and try to label me an ATF snitch. That's ok, I know the type. Probably just a bunch of keyboard commandos. Don't even have the stones for an apology.

viewtopic.php?f=36&p=1072294#p1072294

[smilie=popcorn.gif] 1-59-31716

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Sun May 28, 2017 10:23 am

DanB

Post by DanB » Sun May 28, 2017 10:30 am

My post in no way breaks firearms laws or tries to entrap anyone else to break the law. If you think it does you don't know what your talking about. And if you want to project your ignorance of the law on me by threatening to ban me, that's just sad.

John K
Administrator
Administrator

Post by John K » Sun May 28, 2017 10:57 am

DanB wrote:My post in no way breaks firearms laws or tries to entrap anyone else to break the law. If you think it does you don't know what your talking about. And if you want to project your ignorance of the law on me by threatening to ban me, that's just sad.

Ok, send me the dimensions of your tube, and I will sell you baffles and endcaps. Each individual baffle and cap will require a Form 4.

I'm up in the Merritt Island area every few months, so if it makes it easier, I can pick up your threaded / engraved tube, along with a copy of your approved F1. Alternately, you can mail your properly registered tube and a copy of your DL and F1 to my business address. Though you will have to drive down to pick up your baffles (or I can F3 them to your local dealer)

DanB

Post by DanB » Sun May 28, 2017 11:04 am

Again.. you don't know what your talking about. Go to http://diversifiedmachine.us/ if you don't believe me. As long as your baffles or end cap don't have a hole in them they are not a silencer part. Get your facts straight

DanB

Post by DanB » Sun May 28, 2017 11:11 am

Furthermore if you are an FFL 07/02 I can send my engraved tube and form 1 to you and you can return it with all new internals and no form 4 required. Which I assume you must be if your offering to sell me drilled baffles and endcaps.

John K
Administrator
Administrator

Post by John K » Sun May 28, 2017 11:13 am

DanB wrote:Again.. you don't know what your talking about. Go to http://diversifiedmachine.us/ if you don't believe me. As long as your baffles or end cap don't have a hole in them they are not a silencer part. Get your facts straight
[smilie=jestor.gif]

2.1.7 Silencer.
A firearm silencer and a firearm muffler are defined as any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm.

Firearm silencers are generally composed of an outer tube, internal baffles, a front end cap, and a rear end cap. complete firearm silencer
The definition of a silencer also includes any combination of parts, designed or redesigned,and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a
firearm silencer or firearm muffler.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-n ... 2/download

I've got my facts straight. You need to get your head out of your ass, unless you're pre-streching your anus for when they throw you in a cage with Bubba.

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Sun May 28, 2017 11:17 am

DanB wrote:Again.. you don't know what your talking about. Go to http://diversifiedmachine.us/ if you don't believe me. As long as your baffles or end cap don't have a hole in them they are not a silencer part. Get your facts straight

In ur sale post u asked for baffles, I believe that was the no no word in question, you can buy freeze plugs but any pre made individual silencer parts are treated the same as a suppressor and have to go through same the process. John K is a well respected manufacturer with years of experience. I'd trust his judgment in my opinion

John K
Administrator
Administrator

Post by John K » Sun May 28, 2017 11:23 am

DanB wrote:Furthermore if you are an FFL 07/02 I can send my engraved tube and form 1 to you and you can return it with all new internals and no form 4 required. Which I assume you must be if your offering to sell me drilled baffles and endcaps.
That's not how it works. If you send me a COMPLETE suppressor, I can recore it and replace the endcaps, as long as I don't alter the maker's mark, caliber, or increase the OAL.

If you send me a bare tube, then there's nothing I can lawfully do except charge you return shipping, or storage fees.