ATF Open letter to CLEOs re: 41f

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
Odessaman
Life Member
Life Member

ATF Open letter to CLEOs re: 41f

Post by Odessaman » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:31 pm

ATF just published this open letter to all Chief Law Enforcement Officers concerning the changes coming due to implementation of Rule 41f.
At least it confirms the effective date as July 13th, and that all applications submitted by that date will be processed under the current rules.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/open- ... d/download
~ Odessaman ~

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
― Mark Twain

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: ATF Open letter to CLEOs re: 41f

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:09 am

Yep postmarked by July 13th.

Current wait times are approximately 5 1/2 months......so think Christmas presents [smilie=011.gif] .

Word on the street is that they have hired a couple new examiners and are training them all across the board on forms 1 2 3 4 & 5 ....however there is still no rhyme or reason....I had a customers Form 3 to me come back in 29 days but I have several others F3 within a couple of days either side of it that are at 9 weeks now.....and Form 4's that are at almost 6 months but one just came back in 4 months......so ????

Silencer Shop does a pretty good job of tracking it on their website.....I've never trusted the times on NFA tracker though.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

better2have&notneed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by better2have&notneed » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:03 pm

Rentprop1 wrote: .....and Form 4's that are at almost 6 months but one just came back in 4 months......so ????
On a hybrid? [smilie=033.gif]

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:41 pm

I'll probably send yours back " Return to Sender " on general principal. [smilie=011.gif]

1. because I can, and

2. would be the best trick in the book
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

better2have&notneed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by better2have&notneed » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:10 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:I'll probably send yours back " Return to Sender " on general principal. [smilie=011.gif]

1. because I can, and

2. would be the best trick in the book
Oh yeah, do that and you'll get 5 of these from Johnathanw.

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:26 pm

so I gotta get a can before july 13th...im getting the trust notarized this week and that's it right..im good to order one..and wait...and wait?
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

MomentArms

Post by MomentArms » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:38 am

And wait you shall. Hopefully the one you like will be in stock...

Sent from the Digital Underground

305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 305tillimoved » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:06 am

MomentArms wrote:And wait you shall. Hopefully the one you like will be in stock...

Why wouldnt it be?
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:43 am

well since I know nothing bout em I was going to go see dano at shark coast. id like one for an ar that will also fit my 357 all American rifle and my sr22.

maybe we should start another thread on suppressors. all yo guys got em so maybe someone could help me decide. can I get a one size fits all kinda unit?
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Re: RE: Re: ATF Open letter to CLEOs re: 41f

Post by Dave M » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:36 pm

305tillimoved wrote:
MomentArms wrote:And wait you shall. Hopefully the one you like will be in stock...

Why wouldnt it be?
Because everybody and there brother has bought suppressor I. The last 6 months

Sent from my 9006W using Tapatalk

MomentArms

Post by MomentArms » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:53 am

Very true, everyone's inventory is beat up!

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:14 am

well chase bank boned me as usual..i swear....cant do any witness unless I bring my own for a trust ..they will notarize it but wont witness it..cheese and crackers already..guess ill just go see jeff in downtown..what a pita
im the other gary...

einstein

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:28 am

You couldn't grab the next guy who walked in the door and ask him to witness you signing a piece of paper for a $5 spot..... hell go find a bum on the street

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:03 am

They wouldn't let me use a customer either. I wasn't pleased. They knew it. A holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
im the other gary...

einstein

flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flcracker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:28 am

So, the net effect of this is that from the effective date forward, a registry of all new NFA transfers will be kept by each and every local law enforcement agency.

Great. I'm SURE the lists will be kept confidential and never hacked or released to the media...... =:wvr
and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:01 am

flcracker wrote:So, the net effect of this is that from the effective date forward, a registry of all new NFA transfers will be kept by each and every local law enforcement agency.

Great. I'm SURE the lists will be kept confidential and never hacked or released to the media...... =:wvr
Correct
And now the locals won't need the federales to come crashing down your door

Sent from the TACC OPS Center

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:15 pm

flcracker wrote:So, the net effect of this is that from the effective date forward, a registry of all new NFA transfers will be kept by each and every local law enforcement agency.

NOPE read it again .......it says that each CLEO can decide if they wanna Retain it or not and they decide on HOW .....go ask your CLEO if they keep 03 C & R application or other worthless notifications =:wvr

MomentArms

Post by MomentArms » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:34 pm

"INFO ONLY NO NEED TO RETAIN OR RESPOND " on the outside of the envelope. ...

macattack321
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by macattack321 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:12 am

Dave M wrote:And now the locals won't need the federales to come crashing down your door
Yep, you can sue the CLEO, since he knew you had a legally-registered firearm and did nothing to stop the Feds.