Anybody see this news spot on the gun trust?

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
SouthernYank

Anybody see this news spot on the gun trust?

Post by SouthernYank » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:24 am

Pizzim
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Anybody see this news spot on the gun trust?

Post by Pizzim » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:13 am

Welcome to FSN .... you should stick around a while and say hi to everyone
"you cant miss fast enough to win" " Don't slow down, Just aim faster"

Two Brothers Armory FFL 07/02
www.twobrothersarmory.com

apvbguy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by apvbguy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:31 am

yes, it is just anti propaganda aimed at the sheeple
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

BMW GUY
Life Member
Life Member

Post by BMW GUY » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:05 am

Gets to show how the news media sucks. At the end of the video they had to trow Dorner into the mix. :ham'r

Odessaman
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Odessaman » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:23 am

loophole / noun / A term used by the media and liberals to cast a negative connotation on a perfectly legal act or process which is engaged in or employed by law abiding citizens to do something of which the media or liberals disapprove. However, the term often used to describe the same or similar conduct, if engaged in by members of the media or liberals, is "legal."
~ Odessaman ~

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
― Mark Twain

mjmensale
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mjmensale » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:40 am

Opponents say that allowing gun shops to sell fully automatic weapons to groups is a legal loophole.
Following the letter of the law is not exploiting a "loophole." A loophole is an unintended consequence caused by the kneejerk reactions of the statists continuing to infringe upon our civil liberties.
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you. Mike Vanderboegh

SouthernYank

Post by SouthernYank » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:54 am

Pizzim wrote:Welcome to FSN .... you should stick around a while and say hi to everyone
Thanks for the welcome- I am not much of a poster but have been lurking here for a couple of years.

Other than a self serving attempt to get a little publicity for his firm and his services, I am not sure what motivation the attorney has to go on camera for the interview. He has to know what kind of spin the media is going to put on it and that does not help the cause in the long run.... Also, I have always heard that Bob Howell was the attorney that initiated this process in FL?

tony k
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tony k » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:13 pm

SouthernYank wrote:
Pizzim wrote:Welcome to FSN .... you should stick around a while and say hi to everyone
Thanks for the welcome- I am not much of a poster but have been lurking here for a couple of years.

Other than a self serving attempt to get a little publicity for his firm and his services, I am not sure what motivation the attorney has to go on camera for the interview. He has to know what kind of spin the media is going to put on it and that does not help the cause in the long run.... Also, I have always heard that Bob Howell was the attorney that initiated this process in FL?
Bob Howell of Davie, FL., initiated the process nationally, according to the correspondence and documentation I have seen. They indicate that Bob did all the leg work directly with ATF to get them to accept trusts for the very first time, and thus was the first attorney anywhere to offer NFA trusts.

Anyone else who claims to have done so is ... well, since he's an attorney I won't use the word, but it is a term commonly applied to lawyers.

Court in Fl.
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Court in Fl. » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:00 am

This morning 3/04/13 around 8:15 on FOX 29 They interviewed Sherriff Rick Bradshaw about the Gun Trust issue.
The sherriff stated that it was a way to get around the CLEO sign off for buying NFA weapons.
He said that there was no background check when useing the trust, but the people still went through the federal system.
He did state that he DOES NOT sign off on NFA forms.
He wants the buyers to show a legitimate need to own a NFA weapon.

Maybe FOX 29 will post a link to the interview.

Court in FL.
courts3@bellsouth.net
FFL Palm Beach County

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Court in Fl. wrote:.
He did state that he DOES NOT sign off on NFA forms.
He wants the buyers to show a legitimate need to own a NFA weapon.

Court in FL.
Hmm last I checked that is not for him to decide....

"I have no information indicating that the maker will use the firearm or device described on this application for other than lawful
purposes. I have no information that Possession of the Firearm described in Item 4 on the Front of this Form would place
the maker in Violation of State or Local Law"

No where in there does it say anything about legitimate needs.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

ashwood

Post by ashwood » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Privately owned machine guns, and probably other NFA weapons, have really only one use in this country, apart from their collector and display roles, and that is for target shooting. I would therefor be interested in what could possibly qualify as a legitimate purpose for sherriff Bradshaw, since by implication target shooting and collecting do not. Perhaps deer hunting, or skeet shooting, or concealed carry? Of course not, and this simply illustrates another example of muddled bureaucratic reaction frustrating clear legislative intent. The sooner the archaic and inconsistent CLEO sign-off requirement is removed the better.