Nfa address change help

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
Randysti

Nfa address change help

Post by Randysti » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:12 am

My issue in short,

I'm moving in state, buying a house, within a few mOnths, ive recently bought my nfa item but im waiting for the approval and my phone call to pick It up lol, how do I notify the ATF of my address change while the paperwork is still with them ? Do I notify them and change my address on the trust? Do I need to change my trust and get it notarized again? Or am I able to leave everything the same ? And just notify them of the move. Please any input would be great.
THe guy who did my transfer advised me not to change the address on the liscense until I get the suppressor, as he would have to match up addresses, but I would like to know the proper way of doing it.

Thanks

Randysti

Re: Nfa address change help

Post by Randysti » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:28 am

Anyone?

Don Robison
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Don Robison » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:46 am

On notifying the ATF just send them a letter detailing what items are moving and what the new address is; don't be surprised if you don't hear from them for a while. I was in our new house for almost three years before they responded that they updated the registry with my new address. My address isn't listed in my trust so I can't help you there.

Randysti

Post by Randysti » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks I was freakish out for no reason lol