new suppresor rules comming down mid year?

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
Sweep

new suppresor rules comming down mid year?

Post by Sweep » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:35 am

Hey Tony K ! ...there's a thread on the weapons guild sot board in witch the poster stated he was at a batfe ffl info seminar. the jest of the thread was that the cleo sign off and wait would be being waved on suppressors , they would now be handled like a regular fire arm except when purchased over the counter we would still have to collect the 200 tax for the government only it would be a regular 4473 call in for it . The idea is to speed up the system . Since its the large quantity of suppressors that are clogging the system this is ATFs solution to the problem you hear any thing on this yet ??
Democrat's still for Trump ..
Full service FFL/SOT manufacture
Pale Rider Co Inc FFL07/SOT
http://www.blingblingbangbangs.com
727-776-4274

Black Ops Armoury

Re: new suppresor rules comming down mid year?

Post by Black Ops Armoury » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:00 am

Sweep,
I think that is fantastic for several reasons. It will make stocking and selling our new integrally suppressed rifle much easier and the group buy thought I had on suppressors as well.
http://www.blackopsarmoury.com
FFl / 07 / SOT
Volusia County Florida
tedm1911@gmail.com

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:18 am

Dam straight Skippy [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif] just remember i already have my Rifle or order and am waiting at the head of the pack [smilie=cheers1.gif]
727-776-4274

Black Ops Armoury

Post by Black Ops Armoury » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:27 am

Orders are being filled by the order persons expressed interest. When we get to that person and they get the gun or pass it on to the next person. You were #2 which means that you get productione rifle #2. The pre production list is near 40 now. I am fairly certain I could get that number to grow by leaking out pics and videos but I do not want to do that until I file the patents.
I found a dip on your website that I want to do my gun in, it is the camo job with the green skulls. I like that one. We will work that out after the gun is finished with SAR testing.
FFl / 07 / SOT
Volusia County Florida
tedm1911@gmail.com

Dave P
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave P » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:51 am

"I found a dip on your website"

That was prolly Scott, he's not really much of a dip.
Go Trump!

tony k
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tony k » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Unfortunately, that would require an act of Congress. It was Congress which specifically included suppressors as falling under the National Firearms Act, and reclassifying them as Title 1 firearms no longer subject to NFA law also requires Congressional legislation.

We can only hope Congress does this some day ....

tony k
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tony k » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:34 pm

However, there is truth that the CLEO signoff is in the process of being removed for all NFA applications. That's pretty much a done deal, but the details are still being worked out.

There's a good chance it is going to be a tradeoff: All applicants -- individuals, trusts and corps -- will be required to fill out the form in triplicate, and give/mail one copy to the CLEO, with the other two being submitted to ATF. This would be much like what you have to do with a C&R FFL: You give a copy to the CLEO, but he does not have to sign anything; instead, if it raises flags, he just contacts ATF directly.

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:59 pm

oh well it would be to good to be true..... sigh
727-776-4274

mjmensale
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mjmensale » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:20 pm

tony k wrote:There's a good chance it is going to be a tradeoff: All applicants -- individuals, trusts and corps -- will be required to fill out the form in triplicate, and give/mail one copy to the CLEO, with the other two being submitted to ATF. This would be much like what you have to do with a C&R FFL: You give a copy to the CLEO, but he does not have to sign anything; instead, if it raises flags, he just contacts ATF directly.
What happens if you don't send the CLEO his copy? How is this verified or does nobody even bother?
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you. Mike Vanderboegh

tony k
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tony k » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:52 pm

mjmensale wrote:
tony k wrote:There's a good chance it is going to be a tradeoff: All applicants -- individuals, trusts and corps -- will be required to fill out the form in triplicate, and give/mail one copy to the CLEO, with the other two being submitted to ATF. This would be much like what you have to do with a C&R FFL: You give a copy to the CLEO, but he does not have to sign anything; instead, if it raises flags, he just contacts ATF directly.
What happens if you don't send the CLEO his copy? How is this verified or does nobody even bother?
We haven't gotten that far, yet.

Black Ops Armoury

Post by Black Ops Armoury » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:46 am

tony k wrote:Unfortunately, that would require an act of Congress. It was Congress which specifically included suppressors as falling under the National Firearms Act, and reclassifying them as Title 1 firearms no longer subject to NFA law also requires Congressional legislation.

We can only hope Congress does this some day ....
Although the ATF is a regulatory agency and not a law creating agency we have witnessed many changes over the last several years to firearm laws. These changes have come from the regulatory agency not congress. Not saying that they could do this without congress but if they bring it up it will be passed. The govt is looking at cutting costs while not cutting income from the suppressor stamps. I actually find it to be one of the most intelligent moves they could make at this point.
FFl / 07 / SOT
Volusia County Florida
tedm1911@gmail.com

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:07 pm

Atf would NEVER do anything that logical... [smilie=011.gif]
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

mjmensale
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mjmensale » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Black Ops Armoury wrote:I actually find it to be one of the most intelligent moves they could make at this point.
If they really wanted to be intelligent about it, they'd remove suppressors from NFA purview altogether and classify them as "equipment" like scopes, muzzle brakes, cleaning rods, etc. The Europeans understand this.
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you. Mike Vanderboegh

PCJim9mm
Life Member
Life Member

Post by PCJim9mm » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:48 pm

mjmensale wrote: If they really wanted to be intelligent about it, they'd remove suppressors from NFA purview altogether and classify them as "equipment" like scopes, muzzle brakes, cleaning rods, etc. The Europeans understand this.
I agree. Sometimes and in come respects, this country really is slow to catch up to the rest of the world.

Miamioffshore
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Miamioffshore » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:40 pm

Let's hope so. I never understood how one could defend the position that a suppressor alone is a "firearm".

I once read that the main reason for there inclusion in '34 NFA was to prevent poaching as the poor masses were struggling to feed their families during the Depression, who knows?
"In God We Trust", everyone else must pass the NICS.
"Repeal the 17th Amendment!"
NRA Life Member
2nd Amendment Foundation
GOA Life Member