Getting LW15 as a registered SBR lower

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
taseal
Life Member
Life Member

Getting LW15 as a registered SBR lower

Post by taseal » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Talking to someone from New Frontier Armory for one of their poly lowers...

He told me he can register the lower for me as a SBR and I won't have to get trust engraving on it because it's already registered as SBR. then I will just need to use form 4 to get the stamp for it

I just want to verify this is correct.

Thanks everyone!

ps. the lower will be in a pistol configuration until I get the stamp, then I will switch the buffer tubes and install a stock.
-Emir

tony k
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Getting LW15 as a registered SBR lower

Post by tony k » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:58 pm

If New Frontier is the original manufacturer, yes, they can register it as an SBR as long as it is still in their inventory. As a "factory" SBR, you will not have to engrave it.

However, once they do so, it must remain in their possession until the Form 4 transferring it from them to you is approved by ATF. So there is no reason to go through the pistol build -- you will not have it until after ATF has approved the Form 4 to you as an SBR.

taseal
Life Member
Life Member

Post by taseal » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:02 pm

tony k wrote:If New Frontier is the original manufacturer, yes, they can register it as an SBR as long as it is still in their inventory. As a "factory" SBR, you will not have to engrave it.

However, once they do so, it must remain in their possession until the Form 4 transferring it from them to you is approved by ATF. So there is no reason to go through the pistol build -- you will not have it until after ATF has approved the Form 4 to you as an SBR.
Got it... I guess it becomes a title II weapon now so I can't possess it, if it starts it's life as a registered pistol and then gets converted I can possess it, but must engrave it

I'm thinking I buy 2... one as pistol to attach the upper and play with for now, and the other one to submit as SBR.

Hell, they're only 99 bucks... lol
-Emir

DaveM
Life Member
Life Member

Post by DaveM » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:41 pm

and out of stock.

Dave

taseal
Life Member
Life Member

Post by taseal » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:31 pm

DaveM wrote:and out of stock.

Dave
Every 5-10 days they get more in, so it's the least of my worries :)
-Emir

yyzChris

Post by yyzChris » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Do you really want to spend the tax stamp money on a poly lower?

Oh... and aren't they out of state? So you would have to have them send it to a dealer that deals in Title II weapons (form 3 wait time plus the extra transfer cost), plus have them hold it until you got your stamp back (which wont be until next year some time if you sent it in today).