NOTICE: NEW BST RULES coming soon! Input requested

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

n0rlf wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:37 am
Odessaman wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:13 am Finally, the ONLY way to call dibs on an item should be to post "I'll take it" as a reply in the thread - a PM asking "will you ship?" or "got any ammo with that?" or "will you drive halfway across the state to meet me on your only day off so I can buy your $20 holster?" is NOT a commitment that forecloses other offers. BUT, posting "I'll take it" DOES mean the buyer accepts all the terms of sale stated by the seller.
This is one I am not sure about. The seller should have the right of refusal to sell to someone if they so wish. At least I would think so.
I've learned the hard way that most people just pretend etiquette exists on the internet, and I'm typically going to go with the most enthusiastic sounding buyer.

And if I find out a seller puts me waiting in line with a person that's giving them a hard time, I'm going to back out of the deal. Just did it last week on Armslist. Why is this guy complaining to me about the first contacted potential buyer not getting back to him? I told him I have the cash and would drive over there right now. Fu-k that shit.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

zeebaron wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:56 am
Odessaman wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:13 am Finally, the ONLY way to call dibs on an item should be to post "I'll take it" as a reply in the thread - a PM asking "will you ship?" or "got any ammo with that?" or "will you drive halfway across the state to meet me on your only day off so I can buy your $20 holster?" is NOT a commitment that forecloses other offers. BUT, posting "I'll take it" DOES mean the buyer accepts all the terms of sale stated by the seller.
This is one I am not sure about. The seller should have the right of refusal to sell to someone if they so wish. At least I would think so.
I've learned the hard way that most people just pretend etiquette exists on the internet, and I'm typically going to go with the most enthusiastic sounding buyer.

And if I find out a seller puts me waiting in line with a person that's giving them a hard time, I'm going to back out of the deal. Just did it last week on Armslist. Why is this guy complaining to me about the first contacted potential buyer not getting back to him? I told him I have the cash and would drive over there right now. Fu-k that shit.
Kind of what is wrong with the world these days. :(

Common respect and courtesy is long gone. One o the main reasons I do not do Wal-Marts. I try to do any shopping needed at times it is least crowded. I can't handle the stupid or oblivious any longer.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

This is one I am not sure about. The seller should have the right of refusal to sell to someone if they so wish. At least I would think so. Tough call

A PM does not mean much at all as far as who is "First" if the seller decides he will sell to one person over another. Now, if it is because someone offers more after the deal is struck there is a problem. I know there are members some would not care to sell to , i know other members may have the same feelings. How should that be handled?

I am all for, as one member here stated, less rules and policing, more people acting like adults and responsible gun owners. This is more about maintaining the board and some vestiage of control. It is hard to moderate withour rules.

However, it is not my call here and my opinion has no weight, it is up to the board members to decide.
Yeah, on further reflection, probably not "rule-worthy," but I'm just thinking of ways to avoid a pissing match between a tire kicker and a legitimate buyer. I agree a seller has the right to refuse a sale to anyone - period.

I'm all for less rules, but that requires all users to be reasonable adults, and have common courtesy. I guess seeing how a couple bucks can blow up into a bare knuckle internet brawl made me doubt we have that capability anymore.

Carry on, and thanks for your time & efforts to get this board back on track.
ABOC

Post by ABOC »

Before implementing rules it would be nice to organize the BST in 3 sections:

- Firearm Sales ONLY section.
- Firearm related items section (mags, holster and whatever else).
- Everything else that is NOT firearm related section.

There are no words to describe how annoying it is to go through pages of ads for mags, grips and whatnot when you are looking for a GUN.

And here's a free tip while we're on the subject: if all you have to sell is a mag for a 1908 Colt then do everyone including yourself a huge favor and list the darn thing on Ebay instead of creating a thread that will inevitably become a permanent sticky in the BST section. Not only will be it be gone in no time and at a much higher price then you could ever sell it for locally but best of all you will spare everyone else the aggravation of seeing your thread every time they browse the BST until the day they die or the forum crashes -whichever comes first.
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens" - Arnaud Amaury 1209
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

Gmountain wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:31 pm I would like the specific item in the title. For instance, say FS Smith model 642 $300. Not- FS cleaning out the safe.

Also, leace the price in the post and mark sold in the title.
I agree with specific item in title. I don't care to sift thru images of 10 grips, 4 mags, 2 stocks & a few firearms together. The seller could separate the items individually in the Firearms section & the Parts section could have them bundled together as parts or accessories.
One of the Ruger forums allows listings of reoccurring items. Someone has a small business that makes grip panels & someone else does cerrakoting. If they have that many items, they could do a listing for "Multiple Grips" or "Service - Cerrakoting/Refinishing".
If I'm searching for a Ruger GP100, not a S & W or a Kimber, I'd like to know ahead of time.

Minimum time frame may help to alleviate scammers that sign-up & post items for sale immediately with no intention of remaining on the forum
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Personally have no problem in how someone lists their product(s) or their title...their product...how they word it is up to them. I do like the idea of posting/leaving the selling price too..... One thing I would like to see, is if someone starts to show a pattern (after the 2nd complaint) of backing out/screwing another member, they get a warning and the third time they get a "time out" in the BST (selling/buying OR posting) unless the mods feel the reasons were justified.
OSD

Post by OSD »

I think it should be up to the seller to decline an offer from someone he doesn't want to do business with. Once a deal is made then it should not be backed out of, but if a person says "I'll take it" and he is a person the seller doesn't want to do business with, then the seller should post in the thread that the offer is declined and item is still for sale.
This has happened to me before, twice with the same person and he posted a bad review over something he caused and that I was a "welcher". The second time I refused to sell something to him and he started up again with the same crap.
Jim
Pizzim

Post by Pizzim »

Give Rent mod status to the BST ... if nothing else it will be a blast to watch :D

Personally less rules = more posts/participation. I’m guilty of it myself as after the board when down It lost some luster for me.

PSS Was it just me or was allmestarting to sound a little like 305boi?
Gmountain

Post by Gmountain »

I think if someone posts an "I'll take it," then that person gets to buy it (assuming legalities to purchase are met). If sellers get to decide if they want to sell to a buyer who said he would take it, that's just th eseller testing the waters. Not right. If it's listed for sale here, it should get sold here. If a seller screws a buyer, we need a list of names.

Same as a buyer saying I'll take it and then not actually buying it. If you say I will take it, it's yours and time to pay up. We also need a list of buyers who change their mind or pussy out. Not cool.

That said, I've had lots of great transactions here and never a bad one.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Gmountain wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:19 pm That said, I've had lots of great transactions here and never a bad one.
I too have had some great FTF transactions with members here. When I say “I’ll take it” the next words out of my mouth are “how soon can we meet so I can hand you the cash”? GARY.