Neat rifle at the Orlando Gun Show

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
indy1919a4

Neat rifle at the Orlando Gun Show

Post by indy1919a4 »

Came across an unusual rifle at the Orlando Gun Show, A Standard Arms Model G. Never saw one in the flesh so to speak. Real unusual rifle. Made in the 20s. Because of of the engravings, it looked like a custom gun.. But seems they made all of them that way..

The G models allowed for switching between Semi Auto and pump feed. The dealer thought it was in 25 Remington, But the gun was not marked the best.

Real cool looking rifle.. The receiver almost looks like a Mini BAR.. Must have been a costly gun to manufacture.

http://revivaler.com/standard-arms-model-g-m/
George W

Post by George W »

How much was he asking?
photohause

Post by photohause »

Neat-0...kind of reminds me of a Colt Lightning.

“You didn’t finish school, did you?
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

George wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:33 pm How much was he asking?
Well there is the rub, he wanted 900 for it.. With him questioning the caliber,, I have to assume he has not tested it.. Considering all the issues with this gun.. It would be nice to
get a bit of a range report before buying..

But it does make you wonder. On gunbroker there was one selling in the 750 range in 35 Remington..

No matter what, Its is always wonderful to find a new gun to track & learn
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

photohause wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:10 pm Neat-0...kind of reminds me of a Colt Lightning.

It does have those lines, A little more beefier.. Hey what is that second gun you pictured??

What is that brown object sticking out..???
George W

Post by George W »

Very cool piece. When I first got really into guns, I bought everything I could get my hands on. As I get older, I find myself drawn to the "different" pieces. This fits that description.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

George wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:34 pm Very cool piece. When I first got really into guns, I bought everything I could get my hands on. As I get older, I find myself drawn to the "different" pieces. This fits that description.
I am intrigued with exotiic arms, an i.e of another you can share???? I do wish these Standard Arms models were in a caliber I support.. I would not like to get into another caliber..

By the way love that Russian Sword with bayonet holder, never knew of such a thing...
George W

Post by George W »

indy1919a4 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:17 am
George wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:34 pm Very cool piece. When I first got really into guns, I bought everything I could get my hands on. As I get older, I find myself drawn to the "different" pieces. This fits that description.
I am intrigued with exotiic arms, an i.e of another you can share???? I do wish these Standard Arms models were in a caliber I support.. I would not like to get into another caliber..

By the way love that Russian Sword with bayonet holder, never knew of such a thing...
Neither did I. I thought it was something that someone did on their own. Then, I looked it up and wow, they exist.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

George wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Neither did I. I thought it was something that someone did on their own. Then, I looked it up and wow, they exist.
Looked like an in the field made item.. but it makes sense that they would need that.. Perfect use of the scabbard
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

indy1919a4 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:24 pm
George wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Looked like an in the field made item.. but it makes sense that they would need that.. Perfect use of the scabbard

Not unlike the elite, Mohammar Ghaddafi Ass-Stick Brigades in Libya. Highly trained, battle-hardened commandos whose only sworn duty was to jam a sharpened stick up that guy's turd-pipe before he met those 72 virgins ( Namibia/Boer Goats).
http://www.chicagonow.com/lists-that-ac ... afi-sodom/