Neat rifle at the Orlando Gun Show

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
George W

Post by George W »

indy1919a4 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:24 pm
George wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Neither did I. I thought it was something that someone did on their own. Then, I looked it up and wow, they exist.
Looked like an in the field made item.. but it makes sense that they would need that.. Perfect use of the scabbard
And just so you know, my price is VERY flexible.
photohause

Post by photohause »

That piece of bras is a loading gate which leads to teh magazine tube....in this cast, it is a .22. Colt made these in many calibers. Very fast shooting/reloading gun, faster than a lever and stays on target better.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

photohause wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:21 am That piece of bras is a loading gate which leads to teh magazine tube....in this cast, it is a .22. Colt made these in many calibers. Very fast shooting/reloading gun, faster than a lever and stays on target better.

Well I have to say this was eye opening, I am familiar with Colt Lightnings in the larger calibers, I have never seen one in 22 caliber before.. And in looking up some, It is interesting the design change from the larger caliber.. Need to see one in operation.. Looks like that part comes out when pumped.. Many thanks.. Nothing like a "new" gun to discover. :)