TWD

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
george_995

Post by george_995 »

JonathanW wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:55 am The past couple episodes of the new season has been a major improvement. They have a new show runner who know how to write correctly. I believe season 9 is supposed to be a fresh start where it covers new topics and we will get to see one of the most scariest villians from the comic books soon. I was disappointed from the latest seasons but this seems to be getting back to quality story telling.
Looking forward to season 9, haven't watched an episode yet.

Im hoping to get some insight on any gov officials that may have been left over.
Member since 2009
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

New Season of walking dead so far has been the best in many years. The new director is far better at telling the story and new villains are extremely interesting
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

trouter3 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:53 pm How the fuck people watch that shit is beyond me ...no social redeeming value what so ever meaningless gore and they let youngsters watch this crap when they go out a kill people they are puzzled as to why or what can possibly influence their actions, but then again the world turns in strange ways ... On the subject to influencing young people some of these internet games are violent as hell, recently played a game with my teenage grandson, gruesome stuff my friends, imploding and exploding heads, brain matter all over the place, my grandson yelling at me shoot em in the head papa you get more points, spoke to his parents was not very pleased he was not better supervised, not a heathy thing for young people to participate or see in these violent gruesome games or programs the society we live in is outa control for sure ....
It's just a show the network has tons of worst shows than this you want to talk about no socially redeeming value try watching the Kardashians watching rich people bitch about noting I rather watch zombies eat someone.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

lakelandman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:33 pm
trouter3 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:53 pm How the fuck people watch that shit is beyond me ...no social redeeming value what so ever meaningless gore and they let youngsters watch this crap when they go out a kill people they are puzzled as to why or what can possibly influence their actions, but then again the world turns in strange ways ... On the subject to influencing young people some of these internet games are violent as hell, recently played a game with my teenage grandson, gruesome stuff my friends, imploding and exploding heads, brain matter all over the place, my grandson yelling at me shoot em in the head papa you get more points, spoke to his parents was not very pleased he was not better supervised, not a heathy thing for young people to participate or see in these violent gruesome games or programs the society we live in is outa control for sure ....
It's just a show the network has tons of worst shows than this you want to talk about no socially redeeming value try watching the Kardashians watching rich people bitch about noting I rather watch zombies eat someone.

Don’t waste your time lol the guy deleted himself off the forum after he complained about how everything is run and didn’t like any curse words, trying to dictate the whole forum. Complete joke and good riddance
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

In the 1930s they were concerned horror movies like Frankenstein and Dracula were going to warp developing minds and there was worry that only people who were potential murderers would be attracted to these films.

They of course banned them in England for decades for the same reasons.

Then it was rock n roll, video games, rap music, beavis and butthead, etc. Blame anything and everything EXCEPT poor parenting or some kind of developmental disorder.

I can take a perfectly normal kid and let him watch just about anything on TV, listen to just about any kind of music and he will still be a perfectly normal kid. On the other hand, if you have a kid like Jeffery Dahmer, he can listen to nothing but classical music and watch nothing but the disney channel and he will still grow up to be a serial killer.

Not everything is environment. Now if you abuse a kid, sexually or otherwise and introduce him to animal torture and the abuse of others and that is his "normal" you can take a kid who might otherwise be normal and really mess him up.

This isn't to say that nothing influences kids for good or bad, but normal kids plus good parenting can usually keep most negative influences out of the picture. And more than any of that stuff, the things you have to worry about most is what kind of kids your kid hangs out with and what potential problems they may have.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

JonathanW wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:57 pm New Season of walking dead so far has been the best in many years. The new director is far better at telling the story and new villains are extremely interesting
Honestly the "whisperers" bore me out of my fing mind. I know the show comes from a comic book, but the comic book bad guys are really boring. The wolves, the garbage people, seaside lesbians, the whisperers...I keep waiting for Lex Luther or the Penguin to show up.

The saviors was sorta believable although I don't think a single member could stay leader of a gang that large with so many diverse chapters. There would be a new "Negan" every couple of months.

The Terminus crew was believable, the inmates stuck in the jail was believable. The hospital "police state" was believable. Everything else was just stupid and that includes The Kingdom. The first couple seasons were watchable, now I just see it because my wife watches it.
george_995

Post by george_995 »

JonathanW wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:59 pm
lakelandman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:33 pm

Don’t waste your time lol the guy deleted himself off the forum after he complained about how everything is run and didn’t like any curse words, trying to dictate the whole forum. Complete joke and good riddance
Likely a troll, wouldn't buy into his bullshit, shithed tried like a motherfuqqa.
Member since 2009
george_995

Post by george_995 »

Havent watched season 9 yet, I am looking forward to it.

Netflix is dragging their damn feet.
Member since 2009