TWD

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

Come to think of it I took a double dose of my meds today Skoll thanks for reminding me,and a complimentary dose is on its way to anyone who thinks this show is entertainment, I watched more of it this pm and its fuckinging trash and to the gent who adamantly scolded me on my opinion I say " tough shit " it is what it is garbage ....

Peace and tranquility

And BTW don't preach to me about third world countries, been there, done that, seen it
All my friend ...gore, death, rotting corpses
george_995

Post by george_995 »

Hey man we get it you're thing is Queer Eye For The Straight Guy.
Member since 2009
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

george_995 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:33 pm Hey man we get it you're thing is Queer Eye For The Straight Guy.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

trouter3 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:07 pm Come to think of it I took a double dose of my meds today Skoll thanks for reminding me,and a complimentary dose is on its way to anyone who thinks this show is entertainment, I watched more of it this pm and its fuckinging trash and to the gent who adamantly scolded me on my opinion I say " tough shit " it is what it is garbage ....

Peace and tranquility

And BTW don't preach to me about third world countries, been there, done that, seen it
All my friend ...gore, death, rotting corpses
I think the issue here is you're more hyper sensitive to certain things, whereas most of us can divorce a post apocalyptic show about zombies from reality.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

A great intellectual role model "Mike Tyson" now I understand why you enjoy this crap so much .... Any way you won't convince me nor me convincing you ...so we shall move on enjoy your form of entertainment ....Skoll you're a good man, always the voice of reason ...

Peace and tranquility to all
george_995

Post by george_995 »

Lol, no one was trying to convince you of anything. No one cares, good night. :lol:
Member since 2009
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

flcracker wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:35 am
jjk308 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:33 pm All over the American frontier. The siege of Boonesborough is just one example. try reading some non-PC American history and suppressing the Hollywood BS your mind has been marinated in.
Try not marinating your mind in whatever it is that makes you insult people without knowing a damn thing about them and their educational background.

Then try answering my question about examples of situations "when civilization falls" that are somewhat more relevant than a blockhouse fort on the frontier fighting off an Indian attack, in which the hero who saved the settlers was later accused by his senior commander and some of the very people he saved of collaborating with the enemy. Nobody's civilization "fell apart" before the Indian attack at Boonesborough. :roll:
No. There just wasn't any civilization and the settlers were trying to build one. Daniel Boone was just the leader of an armed and organized self defense organization, and didn't "save" them on his own. I suspect Boone's later problems were due to his land claims and speculations than anything factual.
TWD and all those post apocalyptic Mad Max type entertainments are just contrary to the basic human instinct of self preservation. We are pack animals and band together for survival.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

I am so over this show! After season 5 it went downhill. I just want to see the ending and hope it wasnt all just a dream!
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

The past couple episodes of the new season has been a major improvement. They have a new show runner who know how to write correctly. I believe season 9 is supposed to be a fresh start where it covers new topics and we will get to see one of the most scariest villians from the comic books soon. I was disappointed from the latest seasons but this seems to be getting back to quality story telling.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Fell asleep on the last 2 episodes now. No interest in watching it anymore. But i have to much time invested on it so i just wanna see it end. Lol