TWD

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
george_995

TWD

Post by george_995 »

I know most people are salty towards The Walking Dead. But season 8 was good, just got done watching it.

I want that fucking bowie knife Darrel has.

I try not and pick apart things in TWD, its just a show.
Member since 2009
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

How the fuck people watch that shit is beyond me ...no social redeeming value what so ever meaningless gore and they let youngsters watch this crap when they go out a kill people they are puzzled as to why or what can possibly influence their actions, but then again the world turns in strange ways ... On the subject to influencing young people some of these internet games are violent as hell, recently played a game with my teenage grandson, gruesome stuff my friends, imploding and exploding heads, brain matter all over the place, my grandson yelling at me shoot em in the head papa you get more points, spoke to his parents was not very pleased he was not better supervised, not a heathy thing for young people to participate or see in these violent gruesome games or programs the society we live in is outa control for sure ....
george_995

Post by george_995 »

I see some of your points, but the show isnt intended for children.

The video game stance falls strictly on the parents. Anyone of parentle age these days grew up with video games they should know not to let your 6 year old son play Grand theft auto V as a parental tool, instead of interacting with the child.
Member since 2009
george_995

Post by george_995 »

TWD is not just blood and guts, if you truly followed there is a bigger picture portayed. Its about the fall of man in apocolyptic setting, people turn evil quickly when you take away simple necessities.
Member since 2009
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

trouter3 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:53 pm some of these internet games are violent as hell, recently played a game with my teenage grandson, gruesome stuff my friends, imploding and exploding heads, brain matter all over the place, my grandson yelling at me shoot em in the head papa you get more points,
and don't forget you get to dance over their dead bodies :mrgreen:
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

apocolyptic setting when human necessities are no longer available to the survivors, obscene rotting corpses walking the streets, attacking the remaining populac, soon they will show them partaking in canabilism, Nah I respect your idea of entertainment but this is pure unadulterated meaningless crap, years ago on late night tv there was a program on called " not for nervous people theater" or " chiller theater " all nasty gory stuff but IMHO I'd take a good ole " Frankenstein meets the wolf man " or the Boris Karloff Vampire movies over this trash..another time, another generation, maybe these modern programs are to life like and come very close to real thing
Just my .02 cents
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

george_995 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:38 pm TWD is not just blood and guts, if you truly followed there is a bigger picture portayed. Its about the fall of man in apocolyptic setting, people turn evil quickly when you take away simple necessities.
I saw the problem with that immediately: Civilization falls, zombies attack everyone, and everyone immediately begins attacking and killing each other. Not gonna happen. I suggest you look at the historical facts of situations like that. First thing they'd do is band together for protection against the enemy, then make alliances with other bands for mutual aid. Nothing unites people like shared danger, despite what Hollywood would have you believe so they can keep dishing up their tripe. The TWD plot is inherently silly, nothing but a vehicle for blood and gore "entertainment".
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

i don't disagree with your premise, but I really have to wonder....
jjk308 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:21 am Civilization falls, zombies attack everyone, and everyone immediately begins attacking and killing each other. Not gonna happen. I suggest you look at the historical facts of situations like that.
To which historical facts of which situations "like that" do you refer? :?
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
george_995

Post by george_995 »

So you guys are saying that there would be no waring groups? Especially over resources?

I find that hard to believe especially when you look at situations and aftermath during hurricane Katrina.

Edited to add.
To answer historical question by JK,
On a large scale countries have been waring and murdering for millenia over resources and "land grabs".
Now imagine no moral rule with no global rule watching, welcome to the jungle baby.
Last edited by george_995 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member since 2009
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

it may not be zombies walking around with arms extended dragging a foot trying to eat your brains, but what about a major pandemic where you can't even be in close proximity to some large group like that.....are zombies possible, no but is an outbreak of something super nasty like a variation of H7N5, spread like the flu, lives in the air, and no cure ....makes you think

I stopped watching after they killed off Shane, if we had Johnny " the Punisher " Bernthal at the helm it might have made for a better series ......did we ever find out whether baby Judith, belonged to Rick or Shane ??