TWD

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

flcracker wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:25 am i don't disagree with your premise, but I really have to wonder....
jjk308 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:21 am Civilization falls, zombies attack everyone, and everyone immediately begins attacking and killing each other. Not gonna happen. I suggest you look at the historical facts of situations like that.
To which historical facts of which situations "like that" do you refer? :?
Have you not seen the historical documentaries Mad Max and The Road Warrior?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
george_995

Post by george_995 »

rentprop1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:36 am it may not be zombies walking around with arms extended dragging a foot trying to eat your brains, but what about a major pandemic where you can't even be in close proximity to some large group like that.....are zombies possible, no but is an outbreak of something super nasty like a variation of H7N5, spread like the flu, lives in the air, and no cure ....makes you think

I stopped watching after they killed off Shane, if we had Johnny " the Punisher " Bernthal at the helm it might have made for a better series ......did we ever find out whether baby Judith, belonged to Rick or Shane ??
With the liberal undertones and firearm inaccuracies ignored its good IMO.

The never officially say, but Rick acknowledges that Judith isnt his.
There's many good epsiodes in the following seasons.
Watching on Netflix vs. Cable makes it more tolerable for me. I can pick and choose by fast forwarding thru dull episodes.
For me though, it doesnt always have to be action packed. I like majority of their characters, even the bad guys like Merle. Michael Rooker was spot on when portraying Merle. Perfect depiction of what I could see as a white trash warlord/villan in the apocolypse.
Member since 2009
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

I'm not going to read anymore of this crap, I'm going to dial up YouTube and then get into some real entertaining programs like " looney tunes" the road runner, Foghorn leghorn, hours and hours of fine mind stimulating programming, zombies not, old cartoons yea.... :D :D :D
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

george_995

Post by george_995 »

JonathanW wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:52 pm Image
Lmao
Member since 2009
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

So I finished my P/T on my knee rehab figured I sit down and watch something good on the tube and lo and behold I turn on the cable and on AMC there is a TWD marathon, ain't no justice, that shit going to be on for hours ... :roll: :roll:
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

trouter3 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:38 pm So I finished my P/T on my knee rehab figured I sit down and watch something good on the tube and lo and behold I turn on the cable and on AMC there is a TWD marathon, ain't no justice, that shit going to be on for hours ... :roll: :roll:

rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

to each his own...be sure to check out crotchety old dude smelling his finger :roll:
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

flcracker wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:25 am i don't disagree with your premise, but I really have to wonder....
jjk308 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:21 am Civilization falls, zombies attack everyone, and everyone immediately begins attacking and killing each other. Not gonna happen. I suggest you look at the historical facts of situations like that.
To which historical facts of which situations "like that" do you refer? :?
All over the American frontier. The siege of Boonesborough is just one example. try reading some non-PC American history and suppressing the Hollywood BS your mind has been marinated in.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

jjk308 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:33 pm All over the American frontier. The siege of Boonesborough is just one example. try reading some non-PC American history and suppressing the Hollywood BS your mind has been marinated in.
Try not marinating your mind in whatever it is that makes you insult people without knowing a damn thing about them and their educational background.

Then try answering my question about examples of situations "when civilization falls" that are somewhat more relevant than a blockhouse fort on the frontier fighting off an Indian attack, in which the hero who saved the settlers was later accused by his senior commander and some of the very people he saved of collaborating with the enemy. Nobody's civilization "fell apart" before the Indian attack at Boonesborough. :roll:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)