October 1, 2018. Hope you Floridians followed the law.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

October 1, 2018. Hope you Floridians followed the law.

Post by Miami_JBT »

Well, September rolled into the month of October and the final chapter of Governor Rick Scott's and Senator Bill Galvano's gun control baby; SB 7026 is now in force. Floridians can't legally own bump stocks, binary triggers, and other items due to the vagueness of the law.

§790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited A person may not import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump-fire stock. A person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term "bump-fire stock" means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device.

Alas, the law abiding are now possibly felons. Floridians under the age of 21 cannot legally purchase firearms in the state. $400,000,000 in tax payer dollars is being wasted on school security, a program mind you that bars actual teachers form carrying in the classroom. Additionally, it places a strain on local law enforcement to now be at every school. But we know how well that went with the Broward County Sheriff's Office and their permanently assigned school resource officer. Their deputy just stood outside and did nothing.

Furthermore, this law wouldn't have prevent Parkland from happening either way. The Broward County Sheriff was notified multiple times and failed to act on the information. The Broward County School Board kept their mouths shut too. And lastly, Nikolas Cruz purchased the rifle in Broward County, passed the background check, waited the county required five days before taking possession, and then waited almost a year to plan his heinous attack.

So now, local police are starting to get word out that we are felons if we keep our bump stocks, binary triggers, and other accessories.

How nice of the local police in Polk County to give its residents notice just two days before the ban goes into affect. Also the police in Polk county are violating the state constitution since the Florida constitution bars the state from taking private property "except for a public person and with full compensation therefore paid to each owner." They aren't providing full compensation. As for me, I took mine to Georgia.

Last edited by Miami_JBT on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gmountain

Post by Gmountain »

I like that it says you may destroy it yourself. A wink and a nod.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Looks like voting for a republican is useless.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I'm usually not into Threeper shit like this or post it, but :

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Skoll wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:45 am I'm usually not into Threeper shit like this or post it, but :

The problem isn't that they are going to come take it. The problem is there are few place YOU can take it. Gone are the days when you could go to the range with such items, so unless you have a lot of private property outside the city limits it's almost useless to own.

And possessing such contraband items really doesn't come into play unless it's related to something else, like you discover you are being divorced, or you've been robbed and the police take not of your gun stuff or your kid gets busted for possession or something like that.

When a person owns something like that and there is a legal problem which results in LE officers in your home looking at the things you own, then it's a problem. And they will pretty much treat it the same as a unregistered machine gun in most instances, which if convicted a gun owner can kiss gun ownership goodbye.

I never had a real interest in bump stocks, they are a gimmick item, I have even less interest today.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I think this is one of those things that is pretty much useless in practical reality unless society falls apart. But then you might as well just keep handy some instructions to convert the firing system of your firearm to a more useful mode of operation. It's not like it's secret knowledge.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

zeebaron wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:35 pm I think this is one of those things that is pretty much useless in practical reality unless society falls apart. But then you might as well just keep handy some instructions to convert the firing system of your firearm to a more useful mode of operation. It's not like it's secret knowledge.
It doesn't need a reason..

I own shit simply because it brings a smile to my face. What does a chunk of the Berlin Wall? Nothing. I still own it.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Miami_JBT wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:53 pm
zeebaron wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:35 pm I think this is one of those things that is pretty much useless in practical reality unless society falls apart. But then you might as well just keep handy some instructions to convert the firing system of your firearm to a more useful mode of operation. It's not like it's secret knowledge.
It doesn't need a reason..

I own shit simply because it brings a smile to my face. What does a chunk of the Berlin Wall? Nothing. I still own it.
Nail on the head. It is not about need and it never has been. I keep seeing again and again, "Oh I didn't like bumpstocks anyway, they're just a dumb gimmick!."

That is not the point. You personally not giving a shit about bump stocks being banned is the same as any fudd not giving a shit about AR bans. It's about keeping whats left of our rights as granted to us by the Constitution, but getting a hair up your ass over "stupid gimmicks". I think bump stocks are dumb too but I never went on any of the crusades about them that I see others do as if its very existence is beneath them.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

I see this thread is finally rolling around to the principle of private property rights, and how the government is supposed to uphold and protect them instead of limit and destroy them.
Good work.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

A bumpstock was always a mistaken loophole that was corrected. Next correction, arm braces. An AR-15 is not a loophole waiting to be corrected. Big difference. GARY.