Remember - as of Monday, Oct 1, bump stocks are contraband

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Odessaman

Remember - as of Monday, Oct 1, bump stocks are contraband

Post by Odessaman »

I see several bump stocks listed on the two major private sales boards, offering "last chance" to buy one.
DON'T FALL FOR IT - SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Unless you immediately ship it to an unrestricted location outside Florida (such as burying it in the dog walk area of the Georgia Welcome Center) be aware that, as of Monday, bump stocks are contraband, and THERE IS NO GRANDFATHER PROVISION. Mere possession of one is a felony. (Yes, the kind where you lose ALL your guns until you die or get it expunged.)
790.222, Florida Statutes -
Bump-fire stocks prohibited.—A person may not import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump-fire stock. A person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump-fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device.
Do I think the law is unreasonably vague and amounts to an unconstitutional deprivation of property without just compensation? Hell, yes.

But, I don't want anyone here to be under the misconception that it's OK to have one as long as you buy it before Monday.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

There is already a long line at the dumpster across the street of people tossing their bump stocks. I figure a 20 minute wait. Funny, when these first came out, I was working at the WPB SS store. I asked the manager at the time if he wanted to carry these items in stock, as they seemed to work quite well. He replied they would not be carrying them, as one day they’d be banned, & the store would be stuck with inventory they would not be able to sell. Fast forward 6 years. He was right. GARY.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Lost mine in a boating accident.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

I sold mine to a guy in Tallahassee named Andy. :shock:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Sell it to a corporation and engrave its name in it.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Donated mine to the NRA Museum
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Sooo...what about binary triggers??
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Gmountain

Post by Gmountain »

I guess this bans belt loops and rubber bands.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I can still have them! Send them up here! :lol:
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Gmountain wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:37 pm I guess this bans belt loops and rubber bands.

It does. Double tapping with your finger (a "device") could possibly be argued too.