I guess this is good bye boys.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Good luck. I admire that you're going out and doing stuff instead of just waiting for it all to end.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Thanks for the good wishes. I have been up to Alaska. Loved in Fairbanks as a young kid. My wife however has not been. Preparations are under way and I hope to be on the road within a month or so.

I will post pictures as we go. I am thinking of starting a website dedicated to the trip. It would help bring awareness to the problems USMC veterans are facing due to contaminated water on Camp Lejeune. Tens of thousands of us were exposed and now the government will not stand by us. Truly sad.

While I am able to do this trip there are a lot of veterans that cannot. I am unable to convey how upset I am with the US government at this point.
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

Certainly glad you have the option of doing what you like before you can't anymore....Bucket List.
Most people regret that they didn't do this or that when they had the time.
Relax, Enjoy, do the things you love with the people you love.

Take Care, Bob
TheSurvivalist

Post by TheSurvivalist »

God bless you and your family. Safe travels.
joel

Post by joel »

TheSurvivalist wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:49 pm God bless you and your family. Safe travels.
+1
george_995

Post by george_995 »

goodluck Mike,

What type of camper or RV are you looking into buying?
Member since 2009
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Sound like you have a plan. I hope that it goes just as you want it to.
But you are wrong, life is a guarantee. It is guaranteed to be a short trip, for each and every one of us. The older you, the more you realize that.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

God bless you and may your Journeys be filled with all that you've dream of. I am very sadden to hear about your circumstances. You are a great man and I respected what you said very much here. You were actually one of the few people I learned from by what you said here. You will be missed deeply.

Be safe on the road

Mackie
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Something I should have done before I got too crippled and sick to enjoy it. My son decided to retire, at age 43, while he could still enjoy it. He and the DIL live on a 40 ft catamaran, he captained another one across the Atlantic, and went on around the world after that. When they got back to Florida they sailed off to the Bahamas, worked their way down the islands and are now in Curacao for the peak hurricane season.

He's making enough as a marine mechanic to support their cruising and figures if his health gets too bad to keep it up he can always get a more desk bound job on land. Not the nose to the grindstone, get a pension and benefits and retire when you're old and tired lifestyle I was raised in but after my experience I think he made the right decision.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Wishing you the very best n0rlf!!!!
Good luck in your travels & looking forward to pics!