off duty dallas cop enters wrong apartment and kills man inside

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

GunsandHoses wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:08 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:05 pm
Firemedic2000 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:12 pm To not notice that the furniture was not hers.
Affidavit indicates lights were off. She noticed a figure moving inside the apartment. Victim "did not follow verbal commands". Officer fired.

She claims she turned the lights on AFTER the shooting and realized something wasn't right. The (very dim) lightbulb in her head went on when she stepped out in the hallway to look at the address for 9-1-1.

That being said, I did the same thing once. Stepped off the elevator (one floor too early) and tried my key in the door of the (wrong) apartment. Key wouldn't work...I thought the werewife changed the locks! About the same time I started to get pissed, I looked up and saw the Apt. #. :oops:

Luckily no-one was home and I didn't get shot through the door.
I guess she thought she had some 'authority' in HIS home! Wrong biatch! You ILLEGALLY entered HIS home! YOU broke the law! You had NO authority to give him a "command"! You're lucky he didn't kill YOU! Will be very interested in seeing what happens to her!
She didn't realize she wasn't in her apartment.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

the arrest affidavit says after shooting him she turned on the lights,
But still didn't realize it wasn't her apartment until she went
out in the hallway and saw the number on the door ?

definitely more to this than she's telling !
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:12 pm Imagine sitting in your apt. and a cop barges in and just shoots you for no reason. I mean was she an idiot.
I wish a mofo would! Uniform or none, you are gonna get the same treatment from betsy lol.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

saw this on Twitter and had to laugh :)

1. She ended her shift & returned to the CORRECT police department

2. She clocked out using the CORRECT time clock

3. She retrieved her CORRECT belongings from the CORRECT locker

4. She went to the CORRECT parking lot & retrieved her CORRECT car using the CORRECT set of keys

5. She then drove .2 miles on the CORRECT side of the street using CORRECT hand & eye coordination & observing all CORRECT traffic laws

6. She turns her car into the CORRECT apt building............ Wait For It....NEXT IS WHERE THEY WANT US TO BELIEVE AN ACUTE ONSET OF BLINDNESS & AMMESIA TOOK PLACE

7. She is now CONFUSED & parks on the WRONG garage floor on the WRONG side of the building

8.She gets out of the CORRECT car & locks the doors with the CORRECT keys & takes her CORRECT personal belongings.

9. She takes the stairs &/or elevator to the WRONG FLOOR

10. With her eyes open (The same ones used in the preceeding events & she used all day) She walks to the WRONG apt door

11. At this door is a RED DOORMAT that she has never seen before & located on the side of the door is where the apt number can be visualized( Sorry I forgot she went blind)

12. According to different reports she either A. Bangs & yells on the WRONG door because her CORRECT keys won't open the WRONG door & Mr. Botham answers the door & is shot.
B. Stated WRONG door was UNLOCKED & she enters the WRONG dark apt and SUDDENLY REGAINS HER SIGHT & sees an unknown male & fires her police issued weapon at suspect striking him in the chest

13. At this point she turns on the light & realizes she is in the WRONG APT & shot the WRONG PERSON

14. She regains her vision & calls 911 (It has not been reported that she began CPR on Mr. Bonham)

15. EMS & police arrive in 4 minutes and per a video taken by a tenant & posted on social media said officer can be seen pacing hallways & talking on phone (family? lawyer?)

16. EMS is seen providing CPR to Mr. Bonham who is subsequently taken to & pronounced dead at a local Dallas Hospital
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Sorry, but I'm having a real hard time believing this woman's version of events. Some reports say she was heard demanding to be allowed in. Either she's completely lying about mistakenly thinking it was her apartment or she's absolutely incompetent to the point that not only should she not be allowed to be a police officer, but she shouldn't even be allowed to carry a gun.

Either way, she should be charged with murder. A charge of manslaughter, in my opinion, would be a travesty. The victim didn't happen to die in the process of an unintentional scuffle. She didn't accidentally drop her gun and had it go off killing the guy. She intentionally shot the guy. She willingly drew her weapon and pulled the trigger and he died as a result. It wouldn't matter that it wasn't premeditated, she acted of her own free will, and even assuming her judgment was impaired, that wouldn't release her from being held responsible.
My posts kill threads.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:38 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:05 pm

Affidavit indicates lights were off. She noticed a figure moving inside the apartment. Victim "did not follow verbal commands". Officer fired.

She claims she turned the lights on AFTER the shooting and realized something wasn't right. The (very dim) lightbulb in her head went on when she stepped out in the hallway to look at the address for 9-1-1.

That being said, I did the same thing once. Stepped off the elevator (one floor too early) and tried my key in the door of the (wrong) apartment. Key wouldn't work...I thought the werewife changed the locks! About the same time I started to get pissed, I looked up and saw the Apt. #. :oops:

Luckily no-one was home and I didn't get shot through the door.
I guess she thought she had some 'authority' in HIS home! Wrong biatch! You ILLEGALLY entered HIS home! YOU broke the law! You had NO authority to give him a "command"! You're lucky he didn't kill YOU! Will be very interested in seeing what happens to her!
My point exactly! Doesn't matter if she realized it or not, SHE broke the law and now some innocent guy is dead!
tector

Post by tector »

GunsandHoses wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:33 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:38 am
My point exactly! Doesn't matter if she realized it or not, SHE broke the law and now some innocent guy is dead!
Well, to the dead guy it doesn't matter, sure--he's dead regardless. But for her it matters, since what she knew and reasonably should have known determine what she can be convicted of.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
macattack321

Post by macattack321 »

cvasqu03 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:50 amEither way, she should be charged with murder. A charge of manslaughter, in my opinion, would be a travesty.
+1 This is clearly second-degree murder.
tector

Post by tector »

Well, I am not an expert on Texas homicide laws, but IF her story is 100% true, then I am guessing manslaughter would be the correct charge. That big "IF" is what they will be examining. They can always upcharge her later depending on the investigation. So, for now, chill--gathering some facts never hurt anyone.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
george_995

Post by george_995 »

Poor bastard was probably just chilling out before that commotion.
Member since 2009