off duty dallas cop enters wrong apartment and kills man inside

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:00 pm Had this happened in FL:

Woman enters (wrong) apt., crawls into bed with "husband" who is already asleep. She wakes him up, has sex with him, then shoots him afterward when he lights a cigarette ("I knew my husband didn't smoke!").

:lol:
WOW WTF she goes into his apt and does all that. Then shoots for smoking. :shock: sarcastic
No really she's the guilty one. Again as you said. Always lock doors. Even when home. Arm motion sensors so you know if someone even comes on your property.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

She's been arrested for murder. The arrest was delayed because the case was handed over to the Texas Rangers who delayed it a couple days to investigate.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

actually it was manslaughter (not sure of the difference)

Dallas officer who entered wrong apartment, killed man, arrested on manslaughter charge

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/da ... smsnnews11

A Dallas police officer who allegedly entered an apartment that she believed was her own and fatally shot the resident was arrested Sunday for investigation of manslaughter.

Amber Guyger, 30, a four-year veteran with the Dallas Police Department, allegedly went into the wrong apartment in her building last Thursday night and fatally shot Botham Shem Jean, a 26-year-old native of the Caribbean island of St. Lucia.

Guyger, of Dallas, was arrested in Kaufman County and booked into the Kaufman County Jail, the Texas Rangers said in a statement.

Guyger was released Sunday night on $300,000 bail, NBC Dallas-Fort Worth reported.

The shooting just before 10 p.m. local time (11 p.m. ET) at the South Side Flats, an upscale apartment building south of Dallas’ downtown, occurred when Guyger was off-duty, police said.

Police said in a statement Friday that the officer “returned to what she believed to be her apartment after her shift ended,” and that “she was still in uniform when she encountered Mr. Botham Shem Jean inside the apartment.”

Police said it wasn’t clear what interaction occurred between the officer and the victim, but at one point the officer fired her weapon and struck Jean. The officer then called 911, and firefighters transported Jean to a hospital where he died.

Jean attended Harding University, a private Christian institution in Arkansas, and he belonged to the Good News Singers and the campus ministry. He worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers as an associate in its risk assurance department, the company said.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Slartibartfast wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:29 am actually it was manslaughter (not sure of the difference)
Murder means she went there planning to kill him. Manslaughter means she did not plan the shooting, but it happened through carelessness. Much shorter jail time. GARY
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:48 am
Murder means she went there planning to kill him. Manslaughter means she did not plan the shooting, but it happened through carelessness. Much shorter jail time. GARY
[/quote]

thanks.....a little Google-Foo provided a bit more clarification

• A criminal homicide is charged as manslaughter when a person "recklessly causes the death of another individual," according to the Texas penal code. The charge is a second-degree felony, punishable by two to 20 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine. A prosecutor does not have to prove intent or premeditation to earn a manslaughter conviction.

• Manslaughter is a lesser charge than murder, which is a first-degree felony. According to the penal code, murder is committed when a person "intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual," or "intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits and act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual."

• Manslaughter is a stiffer charge than criminally negligent homicide, a state jail felony that is committed when a person "causes the death of an individual by criminal negligence," according to the penal code.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Either she's dumb as crap like those who forget their kids in a hot car, or she was banging the dude and found out he was drilling someone else.

Since its being reported she lived on the floor below him, maybe he was a Irish folk dancer and she got tired of the noise.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Either way it sucks. Imagine sitting in your apt. and a cop barges in and just shoots you for no reason. I mean was she an idiot.

To not notice that the furniture was not hers. How sad an innocient and apparently really great guy.

Killed for no reason other than being stupid for leaving his door unlocked so an unhinged female cop could wonder in and kill him.

She had to be on something to make a mistake like that. Because no sane person could be so stupid as to do what she did. I mean she had superior training being a LEO on top of that to be aware of her surroundings.

I wonder how she was at work as far as treating people.

I'm really having a hard time processing how a trained LEO could screwup like this.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:12 pm To not notice that the furniture was not hers.
Affidavit indicates lights were off. She noticed a figure moving inside the apartment. Victim "did not follow verbal commands". Officer fired.

She claims she turned the lights on AFTER the shooting and realized something wasn't right. The (very dim) lightbulb in her head went on when she stepped out in the hallway to look at the address for 9-1-1.

That being said, I did the same thing once. Stepped off the elevator (one floor too early) and tried my key in the door of the (wrong) apartment. Key wouldn't work...I thought the werewife changed the locks! About the same time I started to get pissed, I looked up and saw the Apt. #. :oops:

Luckily no-one was home and I didn't get shot through the door.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

wonder if her apartment had a red welcome door mat like his did ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:05 pm
Firemedic2000 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:12 pm To not notice that the furniture was not hers.
Affidavit indicates lights were off. She noticed a figure moving inside the apartment. Victim "did not follow verbal commands". Officer fired.

She claims she turned the lights on AFTER the shooting and realized something wasn't right. The (very dim) lightbulb in her head went on when she stepped out in the hallway to look at the address for 9-1-1.

That being said, I did the same thing once. Stepped off the elevator (one floor too early) and tried my key in the door of the (wrong) apartment. Key wouldn't work...I thought the werewife changed the locks! About the same time I started to get pissed, I looked up and saw the Apt. #. :oops:

Luckily no-one was home and I didn't get shot through the door.
I guess she thought she had some 'authority' in HIS home! Wrong biatch! You ILLEGALLY entered HIS home! YOU broke the law! You had NO authority to give him a "command"! You're lucky he didn't kill YOU! Will be very interested in seeing what happens to her!