Knee Replacement

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

Knee Replacement

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Counting down having total knee replacement next week. To say I'm nervous or some what scared, just a little :P would be an understatement. I know that it will help. But still know what they will do having had a total knee replacement done on my right knee just a few years ago. It still sets my anxiety level to the max.

I was pretty much up and walking and riding a bike in teo weeks. Used a walker for about 4 or 5 days. Did not use a cane at all. But still the things they did to prep you. I'll be getting a ceramic coated TITANIUM knee this time thats suppose to be better than the one I got before.

I've had zero problems with right knee except for a little clicking it makes when walking. But its mostly stopped now. But it will do it if I move a certain way. Other than that it works great with zero issues. No pain at all. My niece calls me a cyborg :D

I have been on alot of pain meds for the past two weeks or so. Probably why I've acted so eradicate lately. Oxycodiene 10-325 and 15 mg living in a stilt house has not helped much.

Add that to my testosterone injections and I guess you can become some what a little agressive. If I've offended anyone while on these drugs with my pompous attitude forgive me.

They can effect the way you react according to my wife. She said I've been short and a little nasty lately. Been doing alot of apologizing. I'm usually a pretty laid back person.

I did not realize how bad I'd gotten until she had made me aware of it. Watched to much cable NEWS to lately which I try to avoid. Because it makes me angry listening to all that garbage.

But oh well this is the best I can do in the form of an apology
Last edited by Firemedic2000 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I feel you, man. My dads had both knees done and I myself have more metal in my leg than your average T-800. Really nothing debilitating from it except sometimes you get extra attention from those dick grabbers at the TSA. I used to be able to stick magnets to my leg and my nieces thought that was pretty neat.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

First thing I did was run my metal detector over my right knee :P . Yes when I go to the court house I set that metal detector off everytime. But they remember now :P I just hope the left turns out as good as my right. The doctor that did my right retired. So I've got a new doctor doing the left from Coastal Orthopedic in Bradenton of of St Rd 64
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Skoll wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:11 pm I feel you, man. My dads had both knees done and I myself have more metal in my leg than your average T-800. Really nothing debilitating from it except sometimes you get extra attention from those dick grabbers at the TSA. I used to be able to stick magnets to my leg and my nieces thought that was pretty neat.
Did he have them done at the same time. Doc wanted to do both mine. I said no way. I live in a stilt home. Afterwards I asked him. Doc if I'd let you do both knees could you've made me a few inches taller. He thought a moment and said probably. Rats I could have been 6 ft lol :lol:

I'm really sick to my stomach taking these pain meds though.
Last edited by Firemedic2000 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

I hope you have a quick, trouble-free recovery!
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Thank you me to.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:18 pm
Skoll wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:11 pm I feel you, man. My dads had both knees done and I myself have more metal in my leg than your average T-800. Really nothing debilitating from it except sometimes you get extra attention from those dick grabbers at the TSA. I used to be able to stick magnets to my leg and my nieces thought that was pretty neat.
Did he have them done at the same time. Doc wanted to do both mine. I said no way. I live in a stilt home. Afterwards I asked him. Doc if I'd let you do both knees could you've made me a few inches taller. He thought a moment and said probably. Rats I could have been 6 ft lol :lol:

I'm really sick to my stomach taking these pain meds though.
No, if I remember correctly they were done separately. He was a courier for FedEx for 30 years so I just remember different periods of my youth of him being homebound because of surgeries, and the knee replacements were part of that. I don't think he'd have been up and hobbling around like he was if he had both done at the same time but this is also like 20+ years ago.

My doctor wanted to fuse my spine after my accident and I basically said fuck that after reading about "side effects" and adjusting to life with your range of motion permanently reduced.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Now I can relate to that. If I had it to do over. I'd gone into the Air force lol. I've had six back operations over the years. Just ruptured discs. But still man did they hurt. But they all came out pretty good.

Counting my left knee coming

both knees replaced
both hands operated on
right elbow
Both ear drums repaired they were ruptured
One eye operated on metal in eye
Two concussions
Shot in right leg, not bad though. It hit the shin and basically just cut a groove. But still hurt.
Never broke a bone though

but other than that I'm doing pretty good. I look at it as attitude. I keep a positive attitude and refuse to quit. But some of my Ranger buddies have had alot more done than me.
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

They told me 20 years ago that both of my knees needed to be replaced.
They might do it in 7 years.
Lucky me.
Good luck.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

Dibs on your NFA stuff!

You’ll be fine bud.
Therapy IS your friend, you already know that.
Best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk