Jack Ryan on Amazon

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Its pretty good. I have been trying to slow down on it but i will finish it today.
revelation

Post by revelation »

I love the part of the USCG landing at the party. I give it an A for the first season. I would have liked to see more of Greer's background and also his change to Islam?
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
photohause

Post by photohause »

Saw the first two last nite.....Don't know if I will finish them
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Situationalray

Post by Situationalray »

Have they released 2nd season date?
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

photohause wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:40 pm Saw the first two last nite.....Don't know if I will finish them
I thought the same way.
It starts picking up a ep3 and by ep4 it's roaring along

AFS
photohause

Post by photohause »

^^^Actually, that was the thing I didn't like...it just kept roaring along in 1&2
and did't give me a sense of cohesiveness....
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

I thought it was kind of "meh."

Ryan is supposed to be some sort of genius who can almost instinctively figure out what's happening, but at several points in the season, I could already tell what the terrorists' plans were while Ryan and the CIA were all scrambling to figure it all out. It seriously made Ryan seem kind of dim.
My posts kill threads.
TheSurvivalist

Post by TheSurvivalist »

Been wanting to check it out. I might have to watch them all this weekend.
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

cvasqu03 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:18 am I thought it was kind of "meh."

Ryan is supposed to be some sort of genius who can almost instinctively figure out what's happening, but at several points in the season, I could already tell what the terrorists' plans were while Ryan and the CIA were all scrambling to figure it all out. It seriously made Ryan seem kind of dim.
That's because Ryan didn't have an Amazon Prime subscription and couldn't see what the terrorists were doing. Their plots were damned complicated and the story couldn't be followed without the scenes of their activities. I can solve most of the mystery and cop shows without those clues but i couldn't have on this one.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

jjk308 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:56 pm
cvasqu03 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:18 am I thought it was kind of "meh."

That's because Ryan didn't have an Amazon Prime subscription and couldn't see what the terrorists were doing. Their plots were damned complicated and the story couldn't be followed without the scenes of their activities. I can solve most of the mystery and cop shows without those clues but i couldn't have on this one.
I'm talking about things he was actually looking at that tipped me off to big twists later on, but which he seemed to miss altogether.

I'll mention a couple of things that come to mind, but if you haven't watched the show, these would be considered spoilers so I'll give you a chance to look away.

Spoilers below

When the two guys were picked up, and the bodyguard is the only one that reacted when they mentioned the transfers, I knew he was the guy in charge. Granted, Ryan suspected the guy knew more than he was letting on and tried to interrogate him, but it should have been obvious this was the person they needed to be aware of.

That leads me to:

The minute the guy immediately put his hands out to get cuffed to the table, I actually said to myself, "OK, so he's been detained before." Ryan was looking at him but never even noticed until Greer pointed it out from the video.

Also:

The minute they picked up the doctors, all safe and sound with all the terrorists gone, I knew they were all infected. Seriously, they already knew the guy was using biological weapons, and they never thought that the reason it was so easy to rescue the hostages was that it was a setup? Man, that really rubbed me the wrong way.

There were several more that I remember bothering me, but I can't think of them right now.

Of course, maybe I've become a bit jaded from watching too many movies, but it seems nobody ever does anything original anymore. It's why I actually enjoy when a movie or show manages to throw me off.
My posts kill threads.