What's your "Holy Grail" Firearm?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
FfNJGTFO

What's your "Holy Grail" Firearm?

Post by FfNJGTFO »

I started a thread in a different forum that I thought I'd post here for your musings.

What's your "Holy Grail" firearm? That is, the one for which you'd keep striving to acquire in your lifetime but, for whatever reasons (cost, availability, etc.), it always seems to elude you, throughout your life, It should be a conventional existing (not imaginary - no "light sabers" :D) firearm that could be acquired generally (i.e. not "restricted" to the Military, etc),

I have one in several different categories (categories like "long range sniper rifle", "NFA," large caliber, etc.). But at EOD, I'd have to say, at present, the one that stands out of those is my NFA choice: The Thompson "Chicago Typewriter" with drum mags.

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

NDM-86

Someday ill be able to swing one...
stefanosg

Post by stefanosg »

American 180

Buster

Post by Buster »

I kneel at the altar of my Smith and Wesson Model 41 .22 cal target pistol. It surprises me every time it goes off and never fails to give me a poop eating grin.
At an indoor range my target is always the smallest and the farthest away. The range goes quiet when I retrieve my target. At first it looks like I missed the paper completely … then you see daylight where the black of the bullseye should be!
8-)
Serenity now ...
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

I've got a Thompson M1A1, it does not take the drum, which I'm Happy with, it only takes the stick magazines in 20 and 30 rounds, you can burn up dollars in .45 ammo, even in semi automatic, I recommend if you acquire one you instantly get into reloading or you'll need a night job to keep it going ... They are around for sale but you'll pay big $$$ for one ..fun weapon to own ..

Peace and tranquility
Keith

Post by Keith »

Right now I would have to say a Q The Fix in 8.6 Creedmoor, with whatever 338 can they are coming out with for it, and a thermal for smacking some hogs.

I am not a Q whore but this is the only thing I can think of that I would really love to have that is out of reach for me.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

An original 1858 Remington New Army in firing condition. I know these are still obtainable, just usually out of my price range.
Last edited by Skoll on Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
556pro

Post by 556pro »

Beretta M93R
Gmountain

Post by Gmountain »

Brown Bess with Revolutionary War provenance.
Synaptic Misfire

Post by Synaptic Misfire »

Fulton Armory M65. Not a unicorn by any means just seems to elude me every time I have the finances.