hybrid....its quieter..but not silent

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
dieselbeef

hybrid....its quieter..but not silent

Post by dieselbeef »

shot the hybrid on the ar..much better but I still wouldn't shoot it without ear plugs more than a few times. even with the 22 endcap its still a bit too loud for no protection. but for hunting or varminting where infrequent shooting..no earplugs is the best thing ever.

haven't tried it on a pistol yet...soon
Keith

Post by Keith »

The Hybrid is a great can as it does so many things. But, it is just not the best at any of the things it does. Also, it can be argued that the AR platform is never hearing safe no matter the suppressor. As soon as the action opens you get port pop from the pressurized gasses coming back down the barrel. This is exactly why bolt guns are infinitely better suppressor host when looking for at ear dB reduction.
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

What about with 300BO?
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

What kind of ammo were you shooting Gary?
dieselbeef

Post by dieselbeef »

I think it was 55 gr white box stuff..just to try the suppressor. I know a bolt is quieter by far....but the ar is def quieter with it..some of the noise is def ammo crack as well
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Keith wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:56 am The Hybrid is a great can as it does so many things. But, it is just not the best at any of the things it does. Also, it can be argued that the AR platform is never hearing safe no matter the suppressor. As soon as the action opens you get port pop from the pressurized gasses coming back down the barrel. This is exactly why bolt guns are infinitely better suppressor host when looking for at ear dB reduction.
I agree 100% with that statement. But barrel length plays a hugh roll in sound on the 5.56. I also think a piston is louder than a DI.

I have the HYBRID. GRIFFIN, RECCE 5 MOD3 and GRIFFIN SPR 5.56 suppressors. I find them all about equal in sound suppression. The RECCE a little louder than the SPR and HYBRID.

But for best sound suppression 16 in and up. I do not wear hearing protection. But on 10 inch barrels yes depending on ammo.

The HYBRID on my SIG MPX is actually better than my GRIFFIN RESISTANCE 9mm. So the HYBRID can be better than some dedicated suppressors. The only draw back is its weight. but hey you can use it on a 338 lapua win mag

Even against some of my 308 suppressors and I have 3 of them. The HYBRID holds it's own. Your right on bolt actions.

Shot it on my 308 and its great no hearing protect. I use a Yankeehill titanium DI for my bolt gun. But the HYBRID did great.

But I really love the HYBRID my only complaint is the end caps come loose. If you blue lock tight them. It's a bitch to get them off unless you heat them up

Oh yeah eorks great on 300 blkout just shot it the other day on mine.

Thanks again Rent for all your help
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

I like my Hybrid, it does pretty well on all my hosts. All the mounting options is what I like. The end caps do come loose, but I never change mine anymore. I just crank on the .46 and run.

I gotta kiss rents ass to...I got mine thru him back when they first came out...but he never took it to the range without me LOL
dieselbeef

Post by dieselbeef »

yeah weights a bitc..esp for gage...in a pistol its worse...but it will do all I need on one stamp..even tho I got another comin for the 22.btw the 22 end cap instead of the 46 made a big diff with no protection
Keith

Post by Keith »

better2have&notneed wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:26 pm I like my Hybrid, it does pretty well on all my hosts. All the mounting options is what I like. The end caps do come loose, but I never change mine anymore. I just crank on the .46 and run.

I gotta kiss rents ass to...I got mine thru him back when they first came out...but he never took it to the range without me LOL
Lucky for you. My Maxim has been to the range more times this year than I have in my whole life. :roll:

**cough** asshole **cough**
boomboom

Post by boomboom »

Gary, the 55gr fmj usually travels at 3250 feet per second give or take a bit, so when the round is fired, you are hearing a little from the powder exploding and a sonic crack from the bullet breaking the sound barrier, which is about 1,125 to 1200 feet per second, again, give or take on temperature, weather conditions, and dry or damp air. A suppressor will never quiet a .223/5.56 round unless it's a subsonic round. Subs will travel at 1050 feet per second or less which is below the speed of sound.

What I have found using 5.56 through my suppressor, it seems like the sonic crack develops down range and then comes back at me. It's still a lot quieter than a non suppressed round, but definitely if someone is going to be shooting a lot, ear protection would be wise. My 300 blackouts are a dream to shoot suppressed, especially subsonic.