Central Iowa Shooters Forum...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Jim wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:51 pm How are the firearms laws compared to Fl?
Pretty much the same except for "machine guns" so I have to be a FFL to have anything with a giggle switch. All the other NFA stuff is good to go, similar stand your ground laws, shall issue state BUT if you have a conceal carry permit, you are allowed to open carry.

Pretty meaningless in jacket weather because I will have a jacket and I'm not going to sling a rifle to go grocery shopping (even though it would be perfectly legal to do so), but on the few days where it got into the high 90s it was nice to tuck a polo shirt into my pants and open carry strong side.

So long as you don't look like a slob, everyone just assumes you are armed in relation to your occupation. Nobody gets triggered and freaks out, had a few people ask what I'm carrying specifically but that's about it.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Best of luck to you.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
patw

Post by patw »

Good luck to you up there and if you wouldn't mind, could you ship some snow and cold weather down here?
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Any hot Brazilian chicks neighbors who likes to sunbath naked in Iowa? :D
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

rug357 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:59 am Any hot Brazilian chicks neighbors who likes to sunbath naked in Iowa? :D
Sadly no.
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

patw wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:51 am Good luck to you up there and if you wouldn't mind, could you ship some snow and cold weather down here?
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Florida would be perfect if we could trade the liberals for actual seasons and some snow.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

jwperry wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:19 pm
patw wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:51 am Good luck to you up there and if you wouldn't mind, could you ship some snow and cold weather down here?
Too late, in my recollection it's snowed at least three times in South Florida. I remember in 1977 it was clear evidence of the "coming ice age."
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

SteyrAUG wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:55 pm I remember in 1977 it was clear evidence of the "coming ice age."
Damn, Steyr, you're bringing back OLD memories.
It was around 7:30 AM ??? & I was driving a Holiday Inn courtesy van coming back from dropping off a guest at Ft. Lauderdale airport.
I was on the airport perimeter road and small snow flakes were hitting the windshield and immediately melting.
I remember thinking: WTF!!!
Last edited by Jeepsnguns on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tector

Post by tector »

That was the one and only time snow was ever reported in Dade or Broward.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”