Central Iowa Shooters Forum...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
SteyrAUG

Central Iowa Shooters Forum...

Post by SteyrAUG »

http://centraliowashooters.freeforums.net/

Because I'm in Iowa now and I know some of you really miss me.

:lol:
tector

Post by tector »

I stayed in Des Moines for a couple of days once. I liked it. The people were nice. And, comparatively, they made me appear skinny.

Of course it was July; about 4-5 months later I would have liked it much less. My winter days are past my old ass.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

tector wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:39 pm I stayed in Des Moines for a couple of days once. I liked it. The people were nice. And, comparatively, they made me appear skinny.

Of course it was July; about 4-5 months later I would have liked it much less. My winter days are past my old ass.
I'd rather shovel snow than do hurricanes. The winter was actually kinda nice. When I was working my butt off during the move I could actually just walk outside and it was like free air conditioning. Quickly cooled down my core and I was comfortable enough to go back inside and continue working.

I'm probably an odd duck, but I simply got too old for Florida. Some things I miss but the good was getting dramatically outweighed by the bad.
Situationalray

Post by Situationalray »

Whyd you pick iowa?

Couldnt handle the heat ? :D
tector

Post by tector »

Winter was fine in my youth. Lived through 4 Michigan winters. Can't do it any more. Cool I don't mind. Midwest cold, nope.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

SteyrAUG wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:15 pm http://centraliowashooters.freeforums.net/

Because I'm in Iowa now and I know some of you really miss me.

:lol:
What part of Iowa? I used to spend quite a bit of time in the Spencer/Alvina/Emmetsburg/Cylinder area.
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

I took a shit in Dubuque one afternoon... I was flying to San Diego and had a long layover. It was nice.
Jim

Post by Jim »

How are the firearms laws compared to Fl?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

tector wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:14 pm Winter was fine in my youth. Lived through 4 Michigan winters. Can't do it any more. Cool I don't mind. Midwest cold, nope.
Spent 17 winters in. Canada. As a kid, it wasn’t bad. But no way now at my age. Coming out in the morning, & having to unbury the car from 6 feet of snow. A pothole every 3 feet in the road waiting to swallow a car, bend a wheel, or destroy a suspension. Standing on the sidewalk, as a passing car drives through a huge slush puddle, splashing on everyone within 20 feet. Plus strict gun laws. I’ll deal with the heat. Thanks. GARY
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Situationalray wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:09 pm Whyd you pick iowa?

Couldnt handle the heat ? :D
Couldn't handle the heat and a lot of other nonsense I got tired of putting up with. And Iowa is the other place I grew up in so I know my way around, got some people and stuff like that.