Any Mechanics Who Have Worked on CRV's? AC Question

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
photohause

Any Mechanics Who Have Worked on CRV's? AC Question

Post by photohause »

Good day-did a search and did not find this.

AC is working fine but seems to be stuck on the front direction...no feet or combo with feet, nor MAX condition.
I don't think duct tape, WD40 or blow torch are the answers. Yes I do have thief insurance but, not that drastic of a problem.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

You don't say year/trim, so can't help with your specific issue. Based on the problem I would look at the A/C & Heater Control dash module first, if it checks out, check the blend door actuator at the blower.
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

muy blend doors are bad, one way to check is do you head a whistle sound when the window is cracked and the air is set to recirc ??

its not an problem except when you need the heat, it all comes out the dash, we went to WV last Dec and my feet were numb for about 3 hours on the trip back home :mrgreen:
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

FWIW my piece of shit CRV has a (Actuator?) little module for that, I think. It could be wiring/fuse maybe? Mines an old 1st gen, ripped apart for a timing belt job I don't have the tools to finish :lol:

When you try to switch vent locations via the dash, do you hear anything "trying" to change at all?

Is it switching from heat/cold? I think mine has a little "arm" and it switches in the engine bay so thats seperate from the stuff under the dash.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Picky, picky...ok, it's BLUE!
2010. It IS blowing cold air... just can't change the settings.
Not hearing any funny noises.

Will try the heat setting...good idea.
gforester

Post by gforester »

It is definitely a mode door issue. Must be electrically controlled. Older models had vacuum motors to move the mode door, but if they fail they default to defrost. Might be the mode door motor has failed. In any case if it is the motor it will require going under the dash to repair. Might also be the control module if it is an electronic control.

DISCLAIMER: I am no Toyota expert by any means, but I did sleep and a Holiday Inn Express once.
photohause

Post by photohause »

^^^Thank you. Seems logical.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

gforester wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:56 am DISCLAIMER: I am no Toyota expert by any means, but I did sleep and a Holiday Inn Express once.
But are you a Honda expert? :lol:

The 2010 dash control is fully electronic, and the blend door still fails to defrost (meaning when it fails, you only get defrost mode). If the AC is still blowing cold out of the dash vents, check the A/C & Heater Control dash module first. It is the easiest component to remove/check. You should be able to get a pin-out from the Honda forums and ohm it out. Or, if you don't feel like fucking about with you multimeter for an hour, you can just get a known good part for cheap and swap it in https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2011-Hond ... m570.l1313
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Thanks-btw, what's a pin-out?

so this = 2010-2011 Honda CRV A/C Heater Temperature Control OEM LKQ. is a possible culprit.
gforester

Post by gforester »

photohause wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:57 pm Thanks-btw, what's a pin-out?
Using a high impedance DVOM to back probe the pin terminals on the module. There should be specs available that provide proper resistance and voltage values. Even that is not always conclusive. When checking control modules or units Honda service manuals often say to "substitute a known good unit" to verify your findings. That is a fun proposition for the DIYer because if it doesn't fix the problem there is no return allowed on electrical components and new ones can often be quite expensive.