The importance of drop-safe weapons...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

TC6969 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:27 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:57 am
lilwoody wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:54 pm My father carried one of those for a couple of decades. now I've had it for that long. It is not going to fire from dropping it.
Unholstered, flopping around inside a purse loaded with "lady-things", and dropped from counter-height = BOOM!
Having owned one, its safe to say that with its 12lb extremely LONG trigger pull and vestigial trigger guard you could put one in a purse with every lady thing known to man, drop it in a commercial clothes dryer along with 6 bowling balls and the chances of it going - BOOM! would be like winning the lottery without playing.

Nope! Aint gonna happen!

Now THIS guy is another story!

We don't know yet what gun it was. I only posted a stock photo after Googling "two shot derringer". But, as with everything else on the Internet, some people assume everything as fact... :roll:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

TV news is/was reporting the gun was in the guys pocket.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Now they are saying it was in his garter belt.....
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
George W

Post by George W »

True story:
In 1995, a few days after my wife and I got married, I was carrying a .38 Deringer in my back pocket. It worked its' way up and fell out with my wife walking behind me. It landed on the hammer and went off. How it didn't hit either of us, I don't know. I never carried that piece of shit again.
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

It's not surprising one of those little deringers would fire a round if it fell and landed on the hammer.
Especially if it were a rimfire caliber.
I once had two of those little beasts, .22 and .38.
But when I carried them, it wasn't in a pocket but a proper little leather holster.