The importance of drop-safe weapons...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:29 pm Because, that's how the system works...
The system does not work well then. Being sued for no wrong doing is why insurances are so expensive. In this end, we all pay for this broken system.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:46 pm Predictions:

1) No holster/training.
2) She's never fired the gun.
3) He calls her "maw". :lol:

That's what I'm going with.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Legio wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:34 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:29 pm Because, that's how the system works...
The system does not work well then. Being sued for no wrong doing is why insurances are so expensive. In this end, we all pay for this broken system.
Yep! We all get bent over the barrel when shit like this happens and why people think lawyers are shitbags!
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Legio wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:34 pm
Your right and another reason some companies become anti gun. Then we complain about them.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
MadMan

Post by MadMan »

A little pet peeve of mine. It's not a freakin' permit, it's a license. They don't "permit" us to carry, it's our right.
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:46 pm Predictions:

1) No holster/training.
2) She's never fired the gun.
3) He calls her "maw". :lol:

My father carried one of those for a couple of decades. now I've had it for that long. It is not going to fire from dropping it.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

lilwoody wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:54 pm My father carried one of those for a couple of decades. now I've had it for that long. It is not going to fire from dropping it.
Unholstered, flopping around inside a purse loaded with "lady-things", and dropped from counter-height = BOOM!
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Legio wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:04 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:47 pm I'd take one in the shin for a nice settlement from Publix.. ;)
Publix is not at fault here. Why sue them or seek damages ?
Like Dillinger said, that's where the money is!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:57 am
lilwoody wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:54 pm My father carried one of those for a couple of decades. now I've had it for that long. It is not going to fire from dropping it.
Unholstered, flopping around inside a purse loaded with "lady-things", and dropped from counter-height = BOOM!
Having owned one, its safe to say that with its 12lb extremely LONG trigger pull and vestigial trigger guard you could put one in a purse with every lady thing known to man, drop it in a commercial clothes dryer along with 6 bowling balls and the chances of it going - BOOM! would be like winning the lottery without playing.

Nope! Aint gonna happen!

Now THIS guy is another story!

jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

The first rule of gun handling is not drop yer gun.
Can't imagine how useful it would have been anyway.
Especially being buried in her purse.
Ever seen the inside of a woman's purse?
There's a good chance she was rooting around in her purse and pulled the trigger.
Then claimed, Who Me, it went off all by itself when my purse hit the floor.
Sure.