The NRA shitstorm

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

The NRA shitstorm

Post by tector »

Ollie North is out. Looks like LaPierre survives for another day.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/t ... h-departs/
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Oh boy. That's a big opening for the left to extort.
George W

Post by George W »

Wayne needs to go. Under his leadership (or lack thereof) the NRA has become little more than a self perpetuating cash machine rather than a civil rights organization. They are reminding me of the Wounded Warrior Project. I recently upped my Life Membership, and I hate myself a little bit for it.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man.

Ric Flair.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Ollie vs Wayne. Two scum bags. Pretty much like every presidential election.

Sell weapons to Iran Ollie, lost and if the NRA membership would be proactive, they could toss the french Canadian back to frog land.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

NRA became a large bureaucracy, and is suffering the fate of all bureaucracies: existing only as a self-perpetuating money machine. Executive management fixates on gathering money, which goes in turn for financing more fund drives. If that is not the goal of a manager, that manager likely is pushed aside and replaced with one who follows the party-line. Sound familiar? Yup, like any other corporation. The net result is ineffectiveness.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
tector

Post by tector »

Nobody cared when they won all the time.

Now they are losing often.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

Every successful organization seems to be eventually high-jacked.
Wounded Warriors
Greenpeace,
And now the NRA.
Sooner or later, some sharpie con men notice the size of the coffers and figure out how to help themselves.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

jaytwillerham wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:09 am Every successful organization seems to be eventually high-jacked.
Wounded Warriors
Greenpeace,
And now the NRA.
Sooner or later, some sharpie con men notice the size of the coffers and figure out how to help themselves.
Problem is, they could have kept it going, all they had to do was stand up for what was right. But they couldn't do that. If you can't do that, then you are just politicians and nobody of any integrity has use for politicians. And I am a Life Benefactor in the NRA.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm a life member since 1969, now a Patron Life Member.
The NRA has lost its way, and will never be right again until Wayne and Chris are also gone.
Even then, it will take strong leadership and years to undo all those high cost, no bid contracts.
The NRA is currently spending it's self to death with high salaries and grossly over priced service contracts.

The first thing that should be done, is to recharter in a gun friendly state, and dump New York.
The second thing that needs to be done, is to restore the power to the Board of Directors, and greatly trim back the power of the Executive Vice President.