BolaWrap: Non-lethal Restraint

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

BolaWrap: Non-lethal Restraint

Post by lakelandman »

[youtube]EyoUIJjCFgo[/youtube]
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

How much you want to bet cops will be aiming for the neck
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

So simple, would be very effective. With laser sighting I don’t think officers will be going for the neck, hard to justify the reason.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Great ingenuity, for the publics opinion they will be hero's.

My opinion, if you come at a cop with a knife or any other weapon, you deserved to get shot.

The mental health people will be loving it, as long as the person doesnt pull the trigger on the cop even after he is lassoed.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Didn't we have a thread on this laughable thing before the last crash?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

rug357 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:09 pm How much you want to bet cops will be aiming for the neck
I honestly don’t think so at all. Sounds like an inovative technology w limited applications. Hope it works out for law enforcement as they have tough job, one more tool might just help out.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Clyde621 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:12 pm So simple, would be very effective. With laser sighting I don’t think officers will be going for the neck, hard to justify the reason.
I would like to see it used in an actual incident. Where the guy is not standing perfectly still waiting for it.
Still, it a great idea if it works.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Skoll wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:36 pm Didn't we have a thread on this laughable thing before the last crash?
I'm sure we did just wanted to bring it up again like to see how this plays out.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Inspired by Spider-Man.
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

I don’t know if’s inspired by Spider Man or by aborigines or even the Spaniards on horseback. The weapon has been around for hundreds or maybe even a thousand years. Looks like what’s was old is now new again. I too would like to get some real world feedback, I think that it will be a real game changer. If it has some decent stand off range it could really cut down on those damn foot chases. When they start to run you wrap them up :mrgreen: