Buying at PSA?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

N4KVE wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:38 pm
Firemedic2000 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:04 pm
I just bought some stuff from out of country. What are they going to do there. Threaten them to . :shock: :twisted: :lol: greedy pos
That’s what US Customs is for. To tax items imported into the USA from other countries. The percentage of duty depends on the item imported. GARY
Again I've never been taxed for anything I've bought online in country or out. Unless the business had a location here in Florida. As far as a out of state business collecting sales tax.

If they try to do that with me. I'll not buy from them. Because I believe some businesses will try this as a means just to try to collect extra money and use this as a way to do it. With no INTENTIONS of sending any money to any state.

But it's easy to know. When you check out snd it's there or if they say they will report the sale. Which again is still stupid. What if you return it to the online store. How are they going to prove you didn't. Ask for a mail receipt or what. Again it's up to them to prove you didn't and then the seller again to send the state info to inform them it was return and sale was canceled.

There's to many ifs. If the state sends you a bill. What do you do write on it item returned and send bill back. Then will the state contact business asking them for confirmation for a 10.00 item. The nightmare and money involved in paying someone just to handle nothing buy these transactions would be absurd. Especially with a business like PSA and all the sales they make.

Then what are the states going to do force you to pay sales tax on items that were returned.

I'm just saying this can turn into a accounting nightmare and many businesses will not do it. They can't force them, but csn ask them and it's up to the businesses weather they want to do it or not. Perfect example Ky has no jurisdiction in Florida. Ky can not tell any business to collect Ky sales tax or even notify them of people who live in Ky that buy from them. If states could do that then every thing on the internet would be taxed.

That's why I'm real Leary of businesses that say they do this. If they do. It's out of courtesy or they again are just using it as a way to collect extra money for themselves with no INTENTIONS of sending that money to any state. But no STATE CAN FORCE A BUSINESS IN ANOTHER STATE TO ENFORCE THEIR TAX CODES UNLESS THAT BUSINESS HAS A PHYSICAL LOCATION OR BUSINESS ADDRESS IN SAID STATE. THEN THAT STATE CAN HAVE THEM COLLECT SALES TAX FOR SALES IN THAT STATE. I KNOW WHAT THE RULING WAS. BUT THEIRS A HUGH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CAN COLLECT AND MUST COLLECT. THIS WAS NOTHING BUT A FEEL GOOD LAW. NO STATE CAN FORCE ANOTHER STATE TO ENFORCE THEIR TAX CODES. THEY CAN ASK THEY IF THEY WOULD. .
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that states can require internet retailers to collect sales taxes, even if the merchant doesn't have a physical presence there.
STATES ASKED OTHER STATES CAN YOU HAVE YOUR ONLINE RETAILERS COLLECT OUR TAXES, STATES SAID FU WE AREN'T REQUIRED TO ENFORCE AND COLLECT A DAMN THING. SEE IT'S AN UNENFORCEABLE LAW. ONE STATE CAN NOT TELL ANOTHER TO ENFORCE THEIR TAX CODES UPON BUSINESS. BECAUSE THE LAW SAYS CAN NOT MUST

I just verified this info through an accountant to double check. She said no state revenue dept can force any business in another state to collect taxes or report anything to them. Unless they have a business address in said state. Now some one said they are doing it for 25 states or something like that. Why just 25 states. Why not all 50 states. If this was an enforceable law. Because it's not. States have something called sovereignty. Remember only Congress can make and pass laws the SCOTUS CAN NOT PASS TAX LAWS. THE SCOTUS KNEW THIS LAW MEANT NOTHING AND WAS NOT ENFORCEABLE

Since PSA does not have a physical location here in Florida they can not collect or be forced to do so or be forced to do anything by Florida's revenue dept. They can kiss off.

There's a hugh DIFFERENCE between CAN COLLECT AND HAS TO COLLECT PLUS AGAIN IT ALL DEPENDS WHO Interpids IT ALSO. FOR INSTANCE AGAIN. This started because NY CITY WANTED SALES TAX COLLECTED BY OTHER STATES AND SENT TO THEM. WELL GUESS WHAT SCREW THEM. NY CAN NOT FORCE ANOTHER STATE TO ENFORCE AND COLLECT JACK.

AGAIN BUSINESSES CAN COLLECT BUT DO NOT HAVE TO COLLECT OR REPORT ANYTHING. BECAUSE NO STATE CAN ENFORCE THEIR LAWS IN ANOTHER STATE. IT'S KINDA LIKE A FEEL GOOD LAW THAT'S UNENFORCEABLE. BUT AS USUAL IT'S STATES LIKE NY, CALIFORNIA AND OTHER GREEDY OVER TAXED STATES THAT WANTED OTHER STATES TO ENFORCE THEIR TAX LAWS. SCREW INDIVIDUAL STATES SOVEREIGNTY

AIN'T HAPPENING, NOW A BUSINESS CAN DO IT IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO. BUT THEY CAN NOT FORCE THEM. AMAZON CAN F OFF I DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. PLUS THEY HAVE A PHYSICAL LOCATION HERE IN FLORIDA AND CAN COLLECT SALES TAX.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Just tell them that its for resale :mrgreen:
cvo

Post by cvo »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:53 pm Just tell them that its for resale :mrgreen:
Or just make up a Tax ID number. :o