How about South Dakota!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Allme

How about South Dakota!

Post by Allme »

I tip my hat to them for getting it right!

https://nationalgunrights.org/resources ... rry-state/

January 31, 2019

At a bill signing ceremony today, South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem (R) officially made Constitutional Carry the law of the state come July 1.

The National Association for Gun Rights and our state affiliate South Dakota Gun Rights were personally invited, and in attendance for the bill signing today.

NAGR Vice President Zach Lautenschlager represented both organizations at the signing.

After working tirelessly for multiple legislative sessions, only to see Constitutional Carry pass the legislature but then be vetoed by former Governors, today’s bill signing marked a historical moment for the grassroots efforts of NAGR and SDGO members.

“This is a joyous day for all law-abiding gun owners in South Dakota,” said NAGR President Dudley Brown.

“As a native born South Dakotan, I am thrilled that our grassroots activist’s hard work has finally paid off. It’s been my distinct pleasure to work alongside SDGO and NAGR members who’ve made countless phone calls, sent thousands of petitions, and made personal visits to the legislators in Pierre, respectfully demanding that they restore our right to keep and bear arms without being taxed in the process.”

Constitutional Carry is the simple concept that if you are legally allowed to purchase and possess a handgun for self-defense, then you should be able to carry that firearm, openly or concealed, without having to pay a permit tax.

Statistically, states which have passed Constitutional Carry into law have lower violent crime rates compared to states which force their residents and non-residents to pay expensive fees to exercise their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Promoting, drafting, and lobbying for the passage of this crucial pro-gun reform has been a flagship legislative priority for NAGR and SDGO.

Pro-gun activists were able to overcome the last minute push from outside gun control groups like Moms Demand Action as they clamored to kill the bill.

“Even though we won a long, hard fought battle for our gun rights, we know that anti-gun activists will be back next year, attempting to pass any and all gun control.” said Brown.

NAGR and SDGO will continue being the dominant pro-gun voice in South Dakota by keeping honest gun owners involved in the legislative process.
tector

Post by tector »

Hey, we just had some new gun laws in Florida last year!!

:lol:
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Allme

Post by Allme »

tector wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:37 pm Hey, we just had some new gun laws in Florida last year!!

:lol:
Shut up Tector. :x
jimmac

Post by jimmac »

I lived in Rapid City South Dakota 3.5 years, you can have every square inch of it. I was happy to return to Ill Annoy, mind you that was before that state went nuts.
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, add a bag of Doritos, and we have a picnic.
It's a beautiful day, watch some idiot come along and screw it up.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER, RETIRED FIRE LIEUTENANT. FORMER AUX POLICE OFFICER, FORMER POLICE COMMISSIONER