Link Dumping

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
photohause

Link Dumping

Post by photohause »

http://floridashootersnetwork.com/viewforum.php?f=2

"NO LINK DUMPING ! DO NOT start a thread with only a link in it. A link should support a story that you want to discuss with your fellow members. If you have nothing to say about the story, if you do not quote the main story part, then just don't post at all. Whe should not have to click on a link to find out what you're talking about. Any thread/post with link dumping will be deleted without warning."

I checked to see if was already posted, but it was not.

I have to say that after reading this, I have a greater understanding, and fully support the attached story.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Would have been funny if you only attached the link with no text :lol:
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

There goes tectors post count,LOL.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
gforester

Post by gforester »

Yeah, how fucking hard is it to copy/paste the gist of the articles. Can't be much harder than copy/pasting the link. I also despise links that require you to subscribe to read the articles too.
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

The issue with links are the cookies and spam that at times are included for free.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

gforester wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 pm I also despise links that require you to subscribe to read the articles too.
My friend used to send me links to the local newspaper that required that. I told him to stop sending those links. I also hate links that will not open because I have cookie blocking. GARY.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

gforester wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 pm Yeah, how fucking hard is it to copy/paste the gist of the articles. Can't be much harder than copy/pasting the link. I also despise links that require you to subscribe to read the articles too.
Bingo!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

This has been one of my pet peeves since the wayback.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
photohause

Post by photohause »

JonathanW wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:56 pm Would have been funny if you only attached the link with no text :lol:
Yup, but Legio cleans up after me enough...I try to tread lightly out of respect
“You didn’t finish school, did you?