San Pedro wants to be San Francisco

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

San Pedro wants to be San Francisco

Post by zeebaron »

https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-coun ... 1657043023

"On Thursday, St. Pete City Council approved an ordinance that eliminates plastic straws in most city businesses by 2020. The ordinance also bans distribution of 'expanded polystyrene products' (sometimes called Styrofoam) on city property."
photohause

Post by photohause »

“You didn’t finish school, did you?
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

zeebaron wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:14 am https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-coun ... 1657043023

"On Thursday, St. Pete City Council approved an ordinance that eliminates plastic straws in most city businesses by 2020. The ordinance also bans distribution of 'expanded polystyrene products' (sometimes called Styrofoam) on city property."
Another example of why I am sick and tired of being told what to do by people who don't know what they're talking about.

I read the linked article, which refers to "businesses". They don't define "business". Is it only restaurants? Or, is it any commercial enterprise? Is that covered in the actual law, and it is incompetent reporting or, the law is written by people who otherwise live under a rock?

The day before yesterday, I bought a printer. As everyone who doesn't live under a rock knows, the box is packed with styrofoam. Does this mean any establishment selling same must stop?

Sure, we all know slobs toss straws, cups, bottles, napkins and wore on the ground with complete disregard. That's why there are anti-littering laws. Of course, the "officials" would rather "make a law" to show they are doing something other that wasting taxpayer dollars, and penalizing the rest of us who know what trash containers are for, rather than the wrongdoers.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
chester field

Post by chester field »

CaptBarty wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:46 am ...That's why there are anti-littering laws. Of course, the "officials" would rather "make a law" to show they are doing something...
Obviously applying to more than just straws, it is cheaper and better press to make a "ban" law than it is to enforce existing laws.

I just need to remember not to stop at McDs for a soda before returning from Tampa, lest I get pinched for smuggling contraband.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

The Libiturd snowflakes are doing the same here in O-town. A few will no longer supply lids for to-go drinks too! Some have converted to paper straws which suck - or should I say, don't let you suck!

Solution: You don't give me a straw for a drink you charged me $2.50 for that costs you a nickel (according to a friend in the industry) and you lost me as customer.

Next the Libiturds will target banning profolatics! Totally against them having unprotected sex and making more brain dead zombies.

When is Kalifornia going to fall into the Pacific?
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I've always been willing to go to the CA border with a sledge and a splitting maul, break it loose and push it out.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
chester field

Post by chester field »

CaptBarty wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:38 pm I've always been willing to go to the CA border with a sledge and a splitting maul, break it loose and push it out.
You don't even need to go to the border. The bad part has almost broken loose already

P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

St Pete is passing San Francisco
The Martin Luther King Business District on Martin Luther King Street North has had one lane of south bound traffic removed to afford space for bicycle lanes on both sides of the street. Yes that means two lanes north bound and one lane south bound for twenty blocks.
Our fascist mayor Rick Kriseman will make you comply :evil:
chester field

Post by chester field »

Well, all those cyclists can keep Ace hardware afloat now. I'm taking 4th or 16th St now