SOG is done

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

SOG is done

Post by tector »

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

While I hate to see anyone go under, I'm not surprised.

They mostly sold the same crap as Century Arms anyway.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

I can't recall ever buying anything from them. I got a bunch of great stuff from Centerfire Systems years ago, though. If you'd call the customer service girls and flirt with them, they'd send you a hand pick at no additional charge. I shudder to think what they probably looked like in person, but got some greats deals for my efforts.
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

When I had my C&R it was a pretty good company to deal with. Think those days are over with now. Didn't renew the C&R..
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Rumor has it there were some massive mistakes made by a key player, over years. Is it true? I dunno.

Sarco is a shadow of it's former self as well.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Bummer!!
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

As a FFL anytime I received a "mystery gun" it was usually SOG who sent it to me without even taking the time to see if I authorized the purchase.

Swear to god people would get a copy of Shotgun News, call SOG, give them a zip code and ask what "dealers were on file in the area" and if the credit card approved the gun got shipped.

Pretty much motivated me to never order anything from SOG when I was the one placing an order. And if a customer wanted to order something he saw in SOG, I usually found another supplier such as Century.

Other than that, their Collector's Corner prices were laughable. But the one that really hurt the C&R community was when SAMCO went away, they had an amazing supply of RARE C&Rs in spectacular condition.