Salt water fish tank

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Outgunu

Salt water fish tank

Post by Outgunu »

In the 90's I was really into salt water fish tanks, had a 120 gallon and a 90 gallon. I had live coral beautiful fish etc.. It was pretty costly to keep running and after five or so years sold off the coral/fish and the tanks. Last year the family bought me a 29 gallon bio-cube tank that is pretty much self contained, filtration, pumps, programmable LED lights etc., were all included. Well, I decided to go the salt route again and couldn't be happier. Everything is so much easier with this little tank, maintenance time is so much less than the time I spent on the large tanks also. Guess I brought this up because Christmas is right around the corner and it made a nice present for me...
joker223

Post by joker223 »

I had a 55 gal saltwater tank close to 20 years ago. I used to catch my own fish, as well as purchasing them. Had live rock and a CPR backpack filtration system. Not too big of a set up and worked well. I ended up getting rid of it and was told about the biocube tank a while back, but never looked into it. Thanks for the reminder!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Some of those salt water fish look like they are from another planet.

I used to do computer work for a lawyer who had one.

When you came into the room, it looked like there was nothing but coral in the tank but if you sat down and stayed real still, after a few minutes these THINGS started coming out of the rocks!

It was pretty cool and he said he just wrote a check to some service every month for the whole thing and never had to touch it.

Must be nice huh?
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

It's a lot less hassle and expense to just look at a video of sea critters.
Plenty of them on the web.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

those all in one Biocube systems are very nice, a friend
has a beautiful saltwater setup just like this

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

The only problem I have ran into with the Bio-cube is because it's kind of small, some coral will start to overtake it and some needs to sometimes be removed. You can never sell the coral etc., for how much you paid for it at a pet store...
Spikes40

Post by Spikes40 »

i have a 150 gallon running right now