After The Crash

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

TonyR wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:55 pm But you still don't get the steak knives :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dayum!!!

I HATE it when that happens!
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Just think of all the members who had high post numbers have to start all over!!! :shock:
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Why do you think we’re doing this 👍
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I have never understood the post count thing. What in the world does it matter?
tector

Post by tector »

n0rlf wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:28 am I have never understood the post count thing. What in the world does it matter?
A significant portion of the population has never moved beyond junior high school mentally and emotionally.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

n0rlf wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:28 am I have never understood the post count thing. What in the world does it matter?
I dont get it either and never will but on almost every discussion based website in the world that records post count, it somehow equates to a higher social status and perceived superiority over those with a lower count.

Some sites even encourage it and award ranks at different levels of post count achievement. :roll:
Greg

Post by Greg »

I found the previous bullets and member status we had to be unique and I quite liked it
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I would disable it, personally. Let the site internally track it and give the old member titles based on post count but hide the actual number so people don't get retarded about it.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

TC6969 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:03 am
I dont get it either and never will but on almost every discussion based website in the world that records post count, it somehow equates to a higher social status and perceived superiority over those with a lower count.

Some sites even encourage it and award ranks at different levels of post count achievement. :roll:
Same mentality as the bro's who drive bro-dozers... :roll:

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Skoll wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:25 pm I would disable it, personally. Let the site internally track it and give the old member titles based on post count but hide the actual number so people don't get retarded about it.
I would if it was just an option to tick off. Unfortunately, it requires to meddle with the skin, and that means redoing it every update.