Mag confiscation in NJ

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Mag confiscation in NJ

Post by tector »

The Supreme Court needs to stop evading these cases.

This could be Florida in 2 years, if the proposed state Constitutional Amendment were to make the ballot and pass.

https://goo.gl/fuECTu
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Trust me, hard core NJ Pro-2A folks "will *not* comply..." They will find ways around the order.

First of all, I don't think any LEA has the resources to go "Door to Door" for full "confiscation" effort. The best thing they can do is confiscate when they see it at a dwelling while there on another matter. And, even if they did, it would have to be a complete "door to door" effort because magazines aren't registered in NJ, only the hand guns.

I think most people will allow their larger mags to go "on vacation," out of state. I know when I still lived there and they threatened this at that time, my 15 round mags took a nice long vacation in a storage locker I had in FL. Now that I am here permanently, I offer that same service to any of my fellow former NJ'ians who want their mags to go "On vacation." And trust me, there will be no boating accidents! :mrgreen: There are also similar services that are more local to NJ that also store guns as well as mags (gunsitters.com).

As for now, we await the appeal to an "en banc" for the third circuit, and then to the SCOTUS. We'll see.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Refugee from south jersey myself. I wonder how the gun owner permission slip one has to buy before acquiring a firearm can be used for a visit from the local SWAT team?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

P5 Guy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:41 am Refugee from south jersey myself. I wonder how the gun owner permission slip one has to buy before acquiring a firearm can be used for a visit from the local SWAT team?
Yes, the P2P or "Permit to Purchase (and form of Register)" document. This is required for all hand gun purchases in NJ. You can use only one of them every 30 days. And they are only valid for 90 days after being signed by the CLEO of your town. And, yes, one copy of that 4 part document goes back to that CLEO for his/her "records." Therefore, if an LEA were to initiate a "door to door" effort, that's probably where they would start. That, and they'd also probably hit up most of the FFL's, both Commercial Stores and private FFLs (i.e. family "mom & pop" shops). They could cover a lot of territory and probably would net quite a haul on just that. But they wouldn't get everybody. They wouldn't get anyone that didn't buy hand guns, or acquired hand guns outside of the P2P process (i.e. import them into the state by a move, or by an "estate bequest," etc.).

But yes, the P2P docs would probably net them quite a haul....
Last edited by FfNJGTFO on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

As another "escapee" the copy I'd be worried about is the one to the State Police. It's been almost 40 years but them folks are the most militant non military agency I ever experienced. They absolutely would go door to door in "strike teams." Joe
Keep Today Fresh
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

pharmer wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:23 am As another "escapee" the copy I'd be worried about is the one to the State Police. It's been almost 40 years but them folks are the most militant non military agency I ever experienced. They absolutely would go door to door in "strike teams." Joe
You're right about that! After all, it was "Stormin'" Norman's father, Col. H. Norman Schwartzkopf, Sr, that founded the NJ State Police. And, no, they haven't changed all that much. Not one bit....

That said, their numbers are rather sparse these days, so it might take them quite a long time to go "door to door," unless they get assistance from other agencies or the NJ Natl, Guard, or something like that....
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

pharmer wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:23 am As another "escapee" the copy I'd be worried about is the one to the State Police. It's been almost 40 years but them folks are the most militant non military agency I ever experienced. They absolutely would go door to door in "strike teams." Joe
I would fear for their safety as I feel it would not go well for them!
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

GunsandHoses wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:10 pm
Actually, it would go well for them. If they're going to go "door to door," they're going "assault/raid" style with the battering ram, etc. They don't mess around. And if on of theirs gets whacked, they will turn over every rock and hard place until they find the perp.... who will, most assuredly, have the "boating acccident..." along with oall those high capacity mags... :evil:
Greg

Post by Greg »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:28 am
GunsandHoses wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:10 pm
Actually, it would go well for them. If they're going to go "door to door," they're going "assault/raid" style with the battering ram, etc. They don't mess around. And if on of theirs gets whacked, they will turn over every rock and hard place until they find the perp.... who will, most assuredly, have the "boating acccident..." along with oall those high capacity mags... :evil:
Perhaps once or twice in the beginning. Until citizens start fighting back and targeting those Troopers who are going door to door and those troopers homes. Tit for tat
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Perhaps once or twice in the beginning. Until citizens start fighting back and targeting those Troopers who are going door to door and those troopers homes. Tit for tat
Doubtful. There'd be too much negative press and broadcast. Remember the 10 million dollar man hunt for a guy that shot a cop in the Poconos? Shutdown schools locked down neighborhoods.
Now imagine a couple StateTroopers got shot in Nazi Jersey.