New to selling gun: Advice needed

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Greg

Post by Greg »

tcpip95 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:08 am Another question: When you do a face-to-face transaction, where do you go? I have read that it's best to do it in a public place, or even out in front of a local police station. Any thoughts on this?
Pick a large well lit parking lot. Publix parking lot park towards the back. Keep the gun in your trunk and conduct your business from your trunk. Just be causal and don’t attract attention to yourself and you’ll be just fine

I always ask for any valid Fl ID and ask them straight up you’re not a felon right. Once they say their not and show me ID I’m good to go by the law.

If your selling a mini 30 put it in a bag so you can transfer over to the next car without anyone seeing the rifle, take rifle out of bag once in new car and grab bag and put back in your car
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

For people coming from the south, I have done some “exchanges” at the Lake Worth Turnpike Plaza in front of FHP HQ. Also Publix, Dick’s, & SS parking lots, as they are near the FL Turnpike. All deals started here, & I’ve met some nice folks. GARY.
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

Greg wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:11 am I always ask for any valid Fl ID and ask them straight up you’re not a felon right. Once they say their not and show me ID I’m good to go by the law.
Definitely ask if they are legally allowed to purchase this gun. I also ask if they are a Florida resident. I know from experience that a resident of Puerto Rico can get a FL drivers license that looks exactly like a Florida resident, but they are not. So always ask both questions, and look into their eyes when they are answering. If I don't know them, I need to write down their DL number - if they won't at least show me the DL so I can write down the number, it makes me wonder what they're hiding.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

tcpip95 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:08 am Another question: When you do a face-to-face transaction, where do you go? I have read that it's best to do it in a public place, or even out in front of a local police station. Any thoughts on this?
Well I wouldn't do it behind Wal Mart at 1am, but I also wouldn't do it in front of a local police station. Try and pick a spot where two guys in the parking lot with a gun won't generation dozens of 911 "active shooter" calls.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I once sold a FAL upper [no receiver attached] to a guy at a gas station. Someone called the cops who showed up. When I pointed out to the cop that it was not a firearm, & simply an upper, he replied no problem, but you’re scaring people, so if the transaction is complete, please put it in your car. He was very polite, & drove off. GARY.
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

I thought the upper on a FAL is the receiver? It’s reverse to an AR15
photohause

Post by photohause »

Greg wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:11 am
Pick a large well lit parking lot. Publix parking lot park towards the back. Keep the gun in your trunk and conduct your business from your trunk. Just be causal and don’t attract attention to yourself and you’ll be just fine

I always ask for any valid Fl ID and ask them straight up you’re not a felon right. Once they say their not and show me ID I’m good to go by the law.

If your selling a mini 30 put it in a bag so you can transfer over to the next car without anyone seeing the rifle, take rifle out of bag once in new car and grab bag and put back in your car
I like to meet at a gun range.
I ask for ID because I'm thinking fifteen years from now - I have my paperwork to show it no longer is my property.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
joker223

Post by joker223 »

Yeah, I've had several people in the past want copies of my driver's licence. There's no way I'm doing that!
Gmountain

Post by Gmountain »

places I've done transactions:

Walgreens parking lot
Publix Parking lot
7-Eleven parking lot
Bass Pro parking lot
Gander Mountain Parking lot
Sun Bank parking lot

One time in the courthouse parking lot.

Basically- any place that is convenient to both parties.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

JonathanW wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:13 am I thought the upper on a FAL is the receiver? It’s reverse to an AR15
It was a barreled upper with only the stub of the torch cut receiver. GARY.