My friend's house was hit by a bullet... advice

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Casual

Post by Casual »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:34 pm Bang his wife...
I like your style! :lol: :P
10MMgary

Post by 10MMgary »

wcontratto wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:38 pm That being said, IANAL
That will make you popular with several here I would think.
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

This whole thread sounds like BS. If you shot my house, I would be over at yours in a flash, gate or no gate and the issue would be settled on the spot.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

You mean, you’d confront the neighbor and make amicable arrangements for repairs, or do you mean there would be two people (you and him) going to jail?
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

And I thought I was radical, I was just kidding, there's got to be a logical legal answer to the problem, no one on their right mind would purposely, knowingly shoot at a neighbors house, and I agreed there r many laws on the books that prevent this, the police are full of you know what saying they can't do anything about it, this ain't Mayberry USA, the police are liable saying that they cannot stop him BS I say ... ....but crashing the gate and shooting the place up will get ya nothing but jail time for sure ......

Peace and tranquility....... no gate crashing recommended :D :D
kmagnuss

Post by kmagnuss »

Outgunu wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:57 am This whole thread sounds like BS. If you shot my house, I would be over at yours in a flash, gate or no gate and the issue would be settled on the spot.
Yeah I just started a thread with a bunch of random strangers to waste their time. Looks like I won.
MadMan

Post by MadMan »

I think if he went over to Capt. Oblivious' house and explained to him, he's taking fire during his weekend excursions, he'd change the direction of his range.
I think he's totally... well, oblivious to it all.

It reminds me of the poor fellow who got shot and died, while he was fishing out in the 'glades.

The second thing I was taught about firearms, is the distance an errant bullet can go. I can still hear my father saying: miles...that bullet will go for miles. He may have stretched it a bit, but I got his point!
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

Madman ...your fathers a smart man, knew his maximum ranges, I remember my father also used to
Tell me ( yell at me more like it ) "watch out where you're shooting that .22 " it'll kill something up to a mile .. They had a lot of wisdom, never heard of anyone putting round in someone dwelling and we lived next to a milk farm, lord forbid you put a bullet in a cow, they'd tar and feather ya ...

Peace and tranquility .....and watch where your pointing that gun!!
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Woman was just killed standing in her yard from a bullet leaving the property of someone. Can down and hit her in the head. This is no different than what happened to your friend. Well the bullet missed.

Those cops screwed up in saying there was nothing they could do. That neighbor broke the law and more than one law. One off top of my head is shooting into an occupied dwelling.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

I read the post as the neighbor has a range set up on his property which he uses on ocassion but it's right in line with the next door neighbors house, this guy doesn't look at the total picture that the dwelling is directly in line of fire, geez this guy is brain dead and isn't paying attention, got his head up his ass, I can't picture someone not being aware of the line of fire when he discharge his weapon in a populated development, it is just basic firearms safety it's just not a normal thing to do, to take a chance to shoot and injure someone is just ridiculous, there is gotta be something to this story that we are not aware of ......