Mag confiscation in NJ

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Greg

Post by Greg »

Who cares bout the press 90% of it is Fake News
Last edited by Greg on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

P5 Guy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:58 am
Perhaps once or twice in the beginning. Until citizens start fighting back and targeting those Troopers who are going door to door and those troopers homes. Tit for tat
Doubtful. There'd be too much negative press and broadcast. Remember the 10 million dollar man hunt for a guy that shot a cop in the Poconos? Shutdown schools locked down neighborhoods.
Now imagine a couple StateTroopers got shot in Nazi Jersey.
Correct.... if the citizens escalate, they they (NJSP) escalate double! Their primary mantra is "control over the citizenry.... control of the situation."
In their minds, it's what allows them to go home at EOD.
MadMan

Post by MadMan »

[youtube]9ClCMR58LV8[/youtube]
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Greg wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:04 am Who cares bout the press 90% of it is Fake News
60% of the general populace. All the guys that can quote ballgame stats back 20 years. All the talent, scripted reality show fans. And the 20% faithful democrat voters.
What was that line about fooling some all the time?
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

A little more fake news, or not. Joe
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018 ... azine-ban/
Keep Today Fresh
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Greg wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:38 am
FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:28 am
GunsandHoses wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:10 pm
I would fear for their safety as I feel it would not go well for them!
Actually, it would go well for them. If they're going to go "door to door," they're going "assault/raid" style with the battering ram, etc. They don't mess around. And if on of theirs gets whacked, they will turn over every rock and hard place until they find the perp.... who will, most assuredly, have the "boating acccident..." along with oall those high capacity mags... :evil:
Perhaps once or twice in the beginning. Until citizens start fighting back and targeting those Troopers who are going door to door and those troopers homes. Tit for tat
You mean the trooper that are dressed in the NAZI type uniforms right. :mrgreen:

Armed AMERICA far far out numbers LE and the MILITARY combined. If it were to hit the fan in NJ the jack boot thugs would not stand a chance against the citizens. That's why the government's of AMERICA fears an armed POPULATION so much and want us all disarmed.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

"keeps no records or paperwork of any kind".....yeah right !

As Boulder assault weapons ban looms, authorities have certified 85 firearms

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/11/30/b ... ons-ban-2/

Boulder police have certified 85 assault weapons to residents with less than a month to go before all such firearms will need to be verified or removed from the city.

A ban on the sale or possession of assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and bump stocks was passed unanimously in May by Boulder city council. Guns already owned by residents were grandfathered in; council gave residents until the end of the year to obtain a certificate.

Certification is not a registry; the department keeps no records or paperwork of any kind. The only information they have is a handwritten count, said Boulder police Sgt. Dave Spraggs . Eighty-seven certificates have been issued to date. Two of those were redundancies, for the same weapon shared between a husband and wife.

Following a resident request, “we agreed to do that,” Spraggs said. “We have taken a common-sense, reasonable approach. I would say we’re not going to extend it beyond a married couple.”

Spraggs is not sure how many more firearms to expect before the Dec. 31 deadline. Inspections picked up in October and November, so two more weekend certification periods were added. Because of the holidays, the last date an officer will be available to certify is Dec. 27.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:05 am
Greg wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:38 am
FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:28 am

Actually, it would go well for them. If they're going to go "door to door," they're going "assault/raid" style with the battering ram, etc. They don't mess around. And if on of theirs gets whacked, they will turn over every rock and hard place until they find the perp.... who will, most assuredly, have the "boating acccident..." along with oall those high capacity mags... :evil:
You mean the trooper that are dressed in the NAZI type uniforms right. :mrgreen:

Armed AMERICA far far out numbers LE and the MILITARY combined. If it were to hit the fan in NJ the jack boot thugs would not stand a chance against the citizens. That's why the government's of AMERICA fears an armed POPULATION so much and want us all disarmed.
Which is precisely what they wish to achieve. One ossifer coming to the door, the residents dropping to their knees in terror, fully complying with demands completely contrary to the memory of a Constitution.

Consider the following. There have been many analyses, crunching numbers and estimating percentages coming up with the number of resisting citizens. Some results seem to be reasonable. Then, they compare it to the number of military and police, which do indeed come up short. Actually, it's worse for them if free citizens stick together ("aye, there's the rub."). The real problem is, it cannot be accomplished by a single officer or soldier (setting aside the "posse comitatus" issue which, if ignored would incite and justify more opposition), So, a team is needed to attack a house with an armed citizen. That reduces by easily a factor of 4 the number of homes which can be attacked at any given time. Any estimate of a ratio, to be realistic, must take that into consideration. The citizens have more power than many think.

To be sure, the first 2 weeks of any such campaign will be the worst. There are many people in this country who have been sheltered, to whom nothing has ever happened, who have never been jerked around. In a way, I feel sorry for them (I would, if they didn't insist my kind was the problem.), they will be easy marks. After that, and the word gets around, then it's SHTF for the "authorities".

Why? I suspect at some point the "Big 0" NDAA will be used. The emergency won't matter, it may be real or made up, war/disaster/alien invasion all the same. We needn't go to the wilder conspiracy theories, just look at what happened in Europe after WWII, many countries with stronger land laws than ours. Soldiers came to the door with true assault weapons and bayonets, and "OUT!". There are members on this board who have grandparents who experienced it. Guns do indeed override laws. People with something to sell say, "Land is what lasts. They aren't making more. They can't put it on their backs and run off with it." No one considers they can take you off the land (or, out of your house). The enabling legislation exists. The politicians are going more radical. It is not too far a stretch, with some who have been elected, and their numbers growing in the next election, getting open borders. Where will they house the "poor masses?" You, you old fart (and I'm an even older fart) don't need that house. It's all been done before. A uniformed thug at the door, and full compliance, Utopia by the stroke of a pen. It's a fork in the road, only in our case, we better be careful which we take.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

"Over one million New Jersey Gun owners defy Governor Murphy's gun magazine ban & turn in demands of what some estimate is easily more than ten million now illegal standard capacity gun mags."

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/12/new-je ... to-effect/
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

If I lived in New Jerseystan or Colorado, I'd be packing my bags and telling the Governor to kiss my ASS!