80% frames up next....

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

[/quote]

Well I tried to make some 80% lowers, but totally screwed them up and had to throw them all out.
[/quote]

Me too! Just tossed them into the ocean....cough, cough.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

smart people say they rather buy finished 100% name brand lowers on sale at $ 39, rather than stand in front of the mill or drill press for an hour, but to each his own :roll:

did you order those 80% lower on a credit card, or go full tactical douche and pay cash at a gunshow and then tell the vendor how you don't like the gov knowing what you got :roll:
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Actually I did an 80% Glock build mostly to tinker but also I like the grip angle better than a real Glock!
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

GREED? That got the iron core Norinco 7.62x39 banned from importation. Olympic Arms made a handgun chambered in that round against the protests from the firearm rights groups.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

What amazes me is while a complete Anderson receiver sells for $40, an 80% receiver is $80. WTF? It should cost 80% of $40, or $32. But they feel the "tin foil hat" crowd will gladly pay double to stay "off the books". GARY
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

N4KVE wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:47 am What amazes me is while a complete Anderson receiver sells for $40, an 80% receiver is $80. WTF? It should cost 80% of $40, or $32. But they feel the "tin foil hat" crowd will gladly pay double to stay "off the books". GARY
It's not just the "fuck the government" factor, I would think product customer support costs more.

I had never been interested in 80% guns until I saw this for the first time yesterday. Like 45caldan, it looks fun to tinker with.

https://www.polymer80.com/pistol-frames ... -frame-kit

[youtube]neeYtVXt8Qc[/youtube]
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:05 am smart people say they rather buy finished 100% name brand lowers on sale at $ 39, rather than stand in front of the mill or drill press for an hour, but to each his own :roll:

did you order those 80% lower on a credit card, or go full tactical douche and pay cash at a gunshow and then tell the vendor how you don't like the gov knowing what you got :roll:
So people like doing things.
You don't own it if you didn't make it.

And this from the guy who borrowed my templates to finish an 80% lower?
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I looked into those 80% Glock frames, I thought maybe neat for a dedicated .22 Conversion kit gun?
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Dr. Dickie wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:40 pm

those were special projects, back then you couldn't buy no fence and partial fence lowers, now you can buy the Retro completed 100% lowers from Brownells...honestly its not worth the machine time, to avoid a serial number :roll:

BTW...I just ordered a new QT of that retro AR Norrell's Molly resin.....I'm finally around to having all that stuff painted up, let me know if you need anything done, you can ship it directly to my guy and he will spray it all at the same time...that old paint separated and was no good
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:57 pm
Dr. Dickie wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:40 pm

those were special projects, back then you couldn't buy no fence and partial fence lowers, now you can buy the Retro completed 100% lowers from Brownells...honestly its not worth the machine time, to avoid a serial number :roll:

BTW...I just ordered a new QT of that retro AR Norrell's Molly resin.....I'm finally around to having all that stuff painted up, let me know if you need anything done, you can ship it directly to my guy and he will spray it all at the same time...that old paint separated and was no good
It is not about avoiding a serial number to me, I just like being able to do things myself. Keeps me off the streets :mrgreen: