Sheriff Bob Gualtieri: Clearwater shooting fits 'Stand Your Ground'

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:54 pm
Waldo1 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:20 am Fact is that it is illegal to park in a handicapped spot without a permit.
No. It's an infraction/traffic ticket. It's not a crime.
A distinction without a difference. Look, some lazy douche who wants to take a parking spot reserved for some kid who lost an arm and leg to an IED should have their car impounded.
itsme

Post by itsme »

It shows how easily one can get themselves into a very avoidable escalation
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

One lesson that was hopefully learned by someone that day.... You would think that the dead guys son will think twice in the futurebefore shoving some loudmouth to the ground.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Waldo1 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:04 pmLook, some lazy douche who wants to take a parking spot reserved for some kid who lost an arm and leg to an IED should have their car impounded.
Agreed. But it's still not a "crime".
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:25 pm
Waldo1 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:04 pmLook, some lazy douche who wants to take a parking spot reserved for some kid who lost an arm and leg to an IED should have their car impounded.
Agreed. But it's still not a "crime".
I agree it's not a crime to park in a handicap spot. But it is a crime to violently attack another for pointing out that what they are doing is wrong. That attack was VIOLENT
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:42 pm I agree it's not a crime to park in a handicap spot. But it is a crime to violently attack another for pointing out that what they are doing is wrong. That attack was VIOLENT
If you walked out of the store and saw some dick-wad yelling/wagging his finger at your wife, what would you do?
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

If he was so worried about the spot just tell Clerk or owner and let them handle it. This is so bad in many ways on both parties.
chuckusaret

Post by chuckusaret »

If it is not a crime then why is there a $250 fine for doing so.
“in Florida as of 2009, if you illegally park in a designated handicapped-parking space, you can be fined up to $250. If you use the permit of a disabled friend, relative or acquaintance, you can be fined up to $1000 and/or receive six months of jail time”.

Reference: Florida Statute 316-1955
Enforcement of parking requirements for persons who have disabilities
chuckusaret

Post by chuckusaret »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:53 pm If you walked out of the store and saw some dick-wad yelling/wagging his finger at your wife, what would you do?

I surely would not have violently shoved the guy to the ground in the first place and if I had, I surely would not have continued to attack him while he was down.
chasdw

Post by chasdw »

The lesson here: Will anyone learn from this, or will the family/friends continue their attempt at crucifying the victim?