My Patent just got approved

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Thanks guys , Ive explained the project to people in person but have tried to be vague about it on the forum.

It’s related to new forms of ammunition including Caseless Ammunition, other types that differ from the conventional ammunition. I have majority of the parts machined for a functioning prototype but have been busy lately with getting engaged and trying to finish university that I haven’t been able to keep up with it as much as I’d like. This news has give me a big boost to keep it up and finish it up soon
randyb2719

Post by randyb2719 »

Good work...and to think I'll be able to say I knew you back when...
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Congrats brother
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

JonathanW wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:49 pm Thanks guys , Ive explained the project to people in person but have tried to be vague about it on the forum.

It’s related to new forms of ammunition including Caseless Ammunition, other types that differ from the conventional ammunition. I have majority of the parts machined for a functioning prototype but have been busy lately with getting engaged and trying to finish university that I haven’t been able to keep up with it as much as I’d like. This news has give me a big boost to keep it up and finish it up soon
When you say working prototype do you mean an actual firearm or just examples of the ammunition? Because PLEASE pull an 07 FFL before you build any prototype firearm. If my concern is unwarranted because you aren't doing anything like that then kindly disregard.

Let's just say I "knew a guy" who thought he could invent a new gun design and THEN get a license to go into production. He was very mistaken about many, many things and it cost him lots and lots of time (thankfully not in jail) and lots and lots of money. It was all avoidable, he just didn't know the rules.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Congrats!
deathpriest

Post by deathpriest »

Congratulations
μολὼν λαβέ
**Infidel**
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:29 am
JonathanW wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:49 pm Thanks guys , Ive explained the project to people in person but have tried to be vague about it on the forum.

When you say working prototype do you mean an actual firearm or just examples of the ammunition? Because PLEASE pull an 07 FFL before you build any prototype firearm. If my concern is unwarranted because you aren't doing anything like that then kindly disregard.

Let's just say I "knew a guy" who thought he could invent a new gun design and THEN get a license to go into production. He was very mistaken about many, many things and it cost him lots and lots of time (thankfully not in jail) and lots and lots of money. It was all avoidable, he just didn't know the rules.

Well the design would be using a pre existing receiver most likely for now so I’m not I’m technically building a new gun in that sense, could you pm more detailed information regarding that if possible and are you referring to a manufactureing license?

Thank you,

Jonathan
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

ATF requires all kinds of licensing from selling firearms 01 to manufacturing 07.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/typ ... enses-ffls
Buster

Post by Buster »

Caseless ammo concept is new to me. There is a great explanation on youtube:
Serenity now ...
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Looking into filing a patent on a new Suppressor design that is directly related to my approved patent.

Not sure wether to become a manufacturer so I can build prototypes easier or just send in a form 1 every time I want to build something or change something (but can’t moidfy after being built