Opinions Spirt Airlines

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
itsme

Post by itsme »

Spirit was the worst flying experience I've had traveling. I flew from Tampa to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Los Angeles sitting on basically lawn chairs. The seats were so cramped and cheaply made that I took pictures of them to prove that I wasn't exaggerating when I told others how uncomfortable it was. The best thing about that trip was that my work was extended for a day, so I had to reschedule my return flight and came home on United instead of Spirit!
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

There is the great unwashed, and then there are Spirit airline flyers.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

Just for the heck of it, I pulled it up. Southwest FLL-MSY- Depart 10/25, return 10/29, $156. And that includes checked luggage. And you'll get there, usually on time.

I spent about 8 months working in NOLA, and I always flew Southwest.
MadMan

Post by MadMan »

I used to fly Spirit back and forth to/from Dallas. It was a relatively new airline concept. They had (don't know if they still do) a "Big Comfy Seat" right at the door. At the time, no one wanted to pay the upcharge. It was great. You could be the last to board, first off.

Two reasons I quit flying Sprint was, that "seat" became quite popular and was always booked. Secondly, I slapped my head when I realized SouthWest flew into Love Field, which was closer to downtown anyways.

If you can deal with the mass transit bus mentality and only bring a carry on, it'll get you there. The ala carte pricing will bring you back to major airline price points.
deathpriest

Post by deathpriest »

I fly anything but spirit, if I can help it
μολὼν λαβέ
**Infidel**
chester field

Post by chester field »

Nothing new to add, but I will add to the rest. I have flown twice for business one way with return the same day on another carrier. So only a laptop bag as a carry on, and only out of necessity. I would rate them somewhere between Allegiant and a cattle car (and I rate the cattle car higher than Allegiant).
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power