I guess this is good bye boys.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
OSD

Post by OSD »

Godspeed and safe travels to you and your wife.
I think it's great that you have decided to take on this adventure.
Jim
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

george_995 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:40 pm goodluck Mike,

What type of camper or RV are you looking into buying?
Went with a 26 foot Aerolite. Hybrid. Needed something light for my Tacoma. It pulls great even over the mountains here.
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Wouldn't big trucks passing cause your light set up to sway a lot?
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Outgunu wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:17 pm Wouldn't big trucks passing cause your light set up to sway a lot?
Not if you get a good Weight Distribution Hitch. I have a Blue Ox and it make the truck and trailer move as one.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

You are not getting rid of me that easy mate .... I'll keep in touch via the interwebs :D
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Take care and safe travels!
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

tcpip95 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:07 am
Outgunu wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:17 pm Wouldn't big trucks passing cause your light set up to sway a lot?
Not if you get a good Weight Distribution Hitch. I have a Blue Ox and it make the truck and trailer move as one.
I did indeed install a new weight Distribution Hitch. Having millions of miles in a semi I am very aware of what they can do. And we plan on sticking to mostly back roads. I want to see the country and am not in a hurry so I am going to take the road less trveled as it were
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Nicolas wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:46 am You are not getting rid of me that easy mate .... I'll keep in touch via the interwebs :D
Anytime! I am going to set up a website. Hopefully document the trip and reasons for it. What has been done to thousands of Marines and their families by the US Government needs to be seen by all.

There is no excuse for what they have done. It has me very angry indeed. Not so much for myself as even with the PD I appear to be one of the lucky ones. Lots of folks with cancers and other issues far worse than mine.

Right now the gov is pretty low on my list.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

n0rlf wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:26 pm

I did indeed install a new weight Distribution Hitch. Having millions of miles in a semi I am very aware of what they can do. And we plan on sticking to mostly back roads. I want to see the country and am not in a hurry so I am going to take the road less trveled as it were
Damn man, fair weather and calm seas I guess. Glad you are healthy enough to do things on your own terms, not everyone is as fortunate.

I hope you get all the "good days" you have coming your way.

Just looked up the Camp Lejeune water contamination issue and once again I find myself extremely disappointed with my government. If we can't even take care of our nations defenders properly then what is the point.

But I'm not sure I'd devote a lot of time to the problem, do what you can but spend most of your time with family and loved ones (which it sounds like you are doing).
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I am lucky. My kids are grown. I have two wonderful grandchildren. Love spoiling them, and then giving them back.

As for time on the water issues, well, our government has let down a lot of good Marines and their families. In a way I am not surprised, disappointed still.

I am looking forward to the trip, hopefully can get on the road soon.

I will miss a lot of things and others not so much. The thing that is irritating me the most is not being able to shoot like I use to. I am still a decent snap shot just not so much Target any more.

I am still trying to figure the logistics of getting my guns up to Alaska. The shotgun I can take through Canada. The ARs and handguns not so much. I guess I can find a dealer to ship them up from Washington and get them when I get up there. Ship them back down when we come back.

I still have to figure out California as well. Not sure what I can take in and what I can't. Illinois I am going around and the Northeast ain't happening. Lol.

I again appreciate all the good wishes. I will be down in Orlando in a couple weeks. Hope to see a few friends before I head back.