If I Only Had A Dollar...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:50 pm
Skoll wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:40 pm
You would have called him on it at 14 years old with all your wealth of knowledge of blood splatter technology at that age?
:mrgreen:
Remember there wasn't NCIS or video games back then, so even a book wormy no girlfriend havin super nerd like TC might have been able to pull one out of his ass on the spot ....
Could have and would have.

I had NO problem questioning "Adult wisdom" at age 14

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together would ask about the puddle of blood on the porch and the bloody trail leading to the door.
TippyRacer

Post by TippyRacer »

Grip Hugger wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:15 am :roll: And let's not forget the knife laws people spout out concerning switchblades, stilettos, and blade lengths.
“Oh but my blade is under 3.5” so I’m legal”

:roll:
I know nothing, and I can prove it.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

TippyRacer wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:02 am
Grip Hugger wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:15 am :roll: And let's not forget the knife laws people spout out concerning switchblades, stilettos, and blade lengths.
“Oh but my blade is under 3.5” so I’m legal”

:roll:
If the blade is longer than the distance across the palm of your hand, its illegal. :D
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Actually had a Ft. Lauderdale cop tell me that if I really wanted to do something about the local drug dealers I should just use a bow and arrow because you can't do ballistics on an arrow.

In his mind it really was "the perfect crime."

:lol:
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:54 pm Had another genius tell me that open carry was legal in FL. I replied "Yes, when hunting, fishing, etc."

Nope...he insisted it was legal anywhere/everywhere here. :lol:

I should of handed him a gun and asked him to prove it.
Just need one of these and then you are good to go anywhere.

The law doesn't state it has to be a "good" location for fishing.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:54 pm Had another genius tell me that open carry was legal in FL. I replied "Yes, when hunting, fishing, etc."

Sort of true....

I believe, need help from some of you old timers here, that outside of the current camping and fishing exception open “WAS” legal in certain parts of Florida prior to the passage of concealed carry and preemption. Once preemption passed, counties like Dade County which had a outright ban on open carry, no longer could enforce the ban. Then State Atty Janet Reno fucked it all up by convincing the legislature to ban oc since we now had cc. NRA dropped the ball on opposing this.

Please add or correct to this if my recollection is not right.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Jimmy wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:24 pm

Sort of true....

I believe, need help from some of you old timers here, that outside of the current camping and fishing exception open “WAS” legal in certain parts of Florida prior to the passage of concealed carry and preemption. Once preemption passed, counties like Dade County which had a outright ban on open carry, no longer could enforce the ban. Then State Atty Janet Reno fucked it all up by convincing the legislature to ban oc since we now had cc. NRA dropped the ball on opposing this.

Please add or correct to this if my recollection is not right.
You could be right, but the conversation I had with "Boy Jenius" happened in modern times.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:31 pm

It specifically says that you can also open carry on the way to or coming back from the listed activities too:

"A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition"

Just carry one of those emergency foil thermal blankets (folded up size about the same as a pack of cards) in your vehicle and say you're on your way to some primitive camping if you're ever asked. Get stopped in Walmart? Just say you're picking up supplies for camping...lol.
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

zeebaron wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:53 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:31 pm

It specifically says that you can also open carry on the way to or coming back from the listed activities too:

"A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition"

Just carry one of those emergency foil thermal blankets (folded up size about the same as a pack of cards) in your vehicle and say you're on your way to some primitive camping if you're ever asked. Get stopped in Walmart? Just say you're picking up supplies for camping...lol.
open or concealed carry is allowed for without a license under 790.25 for certain protected places and activities. Exceptions include in the home, place of work, hunting, fishing, camping, or while practice shooting and while traveling to and from those activities.

"But officer, I'm always on my way to hunt, fish or target practice!" :lol:
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

You better have a valid hunting license, fishing license and gear, or some paper targets in the car