If I Only Had A Dollar...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

TC6969 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:32 pm Seems like a crime scene photographer would know about blood spatter technology.

I cant be around idiots like that.

I would have called him on it.
Yeah, I was 14 yrs old, and he was a 40 something adult, no calling out under those circumstances, at that age I believed what he was saying.
I guess I'm very lucky that I've never had to kill someone while they were halfway in my window trying to break into my home. :lol:
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Skoll wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:40 pm
TC6969 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:32 pm Seems like a crime scene photographer would know about blood spatter technology.

You would have called him on it at 14 years old with all your wealth of knowledge of blood splatter technology at that age?
Hey we had detective shows in 1966! :D
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Had another genius tell me that open carry was legal in FL. I replied "Yes, when hunting, fishing, etc."

Nope...he insisted it was legal anywhere/everywhere here. :lol:

I should of handed him a gun and asked him to prove it.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

TC6969 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:39 pm

You would have called him on it at 14 years old with all your wealth of knowledge of blood splatter technology at that age?
Hey we had detective shows in 1966! :D
Dragnet!!! 1967 to 1970?
Jack Webb as Sgt. Friday and Harry Morgan as Officer Bill Gannon, yeah I'm feeling old.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:01 pm Here is some crazy shit.
Around 1971 when I was 14 living in North Miami, my divorced mom was dating a guy who claimed to be a crime scene photographer for Metro Dade Police Dept.
I remember him telling me that if someone was breaking in your home and you killed him, you had to drag him into your home, because if you killed him while he was outside your home you would be charged with murder but if he was inside your home you wouldn't be charged.
This was such bad advice on so many levels, it's ridiculous.
Wasn't bad advice back then......pretty common! A lot of cops didn't give a shit if you shot some dirt bag outside your house and drug him inside and didn't go looking for evidence! Times and techniques have definitely changed over the years!
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

TC6969 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:48 pm I heard a really different variation of the non existent "3 step law" one day from a guy at work.

He told me he carried a pistol in his truck, but assured me that it was legal, but just about the time I started thinking Ok, he has it in a bank bag or a zip up case of some kind, he blurts out this gem!

"Yep! I have it taken apart and stored in 3 different places in the truck, just like the law says!"
I've heard people say how that works a few times, its usually different.

What is the preferred method for that?

Holstered, glove box, magazine out? or?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

NorincoKid wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:13 pm
TC6969 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:48 pm I heard a really different variation of the non existent "3 step law" one day from a guy at work.

He told me he carried a pistol in his truck, but assured me that it was legal, but just about the time I started thinking Ok, he has it in a bank bag or a zip up case of some kind, he blurts out this gem!

"Yep! I have it taken apart and stored in 3 different places in the truck, just like the law says!"
What is the preferred method for that?
There isn't. "Securely encased and not readily accessible".
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

:mrgreen:
Remember there wasn't NCIS or video games back then, so even a book wormy no girlfriend havin super nerd like TC might have been able to pull one out of his ass on the spot ....
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

I was told that George W Bush Jr. signed a ban on bayonets by a range brass scrounger who was going to call the Manatee Sheriff if I didn't remove that knife from my SKS.
I'm still waiting for the deputies to come.
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

:roll: And let's not forget the knife laws people spout out concerning switchblades, stilettos, and blade lengths.
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30