Shopify Bans Selling Firearms

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Skoll

Shopify Bans Selling Firearms

Post by Skoll »

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... arm-sales/

Not going to quote the entire article like I usually do because it's long, but the gist is that Shopify, which is used by more than 600,000 merchants, is giving everyone who sells firearms and firearm accessories the boot. The ramifications of this are pretty serious as it can stop online commerce for a lot of manufacturers cold.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Never used it, never came up with any of its merchants on my regular lowest price searches. Canadians. Screw 'em.
Wasabi

Post by Wasabi »

Who are they? Wait, I don't care.
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Curious as to how many of the 600,000 are firearm and accessories merchants. This could hurt Shopify's pockets in the long run also. I know I've never needed that site for anything firearm related so I could give a damn.
Good day, eh.
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
Gmountain

Post by Gmountain »

I've never heard of shopify.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Gmountain wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:29 pm I've never heard of shopify.
Me neither. GARY.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

It's on the shelf next to the orthopedic insoles and the Metamucil how you old guys miss it is beyond me :mrgreen:
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I've never heard of it before the article either but apparently if you've ever ordered something outside of Amazon, Gunbroker, Ebay, paypal etc, the storefront probably was. The entire point is like credit companies, they wield a whole bunch of power behind closed doors.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

I hope I'm not the only one who thought that Spotify (https://www.spotify.com/us/) had a hidden gun section with all the free music. :oops:
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Skoll wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:15 am I've never heard of it before the article either but apparently if you've ever ordered something outside of Amazon, Gunbroker, Ebay, paypal etc, the storefront probably was. The entire point is like credit companies, they wield a whole bunch of power behind closed doors.
Not really as the vast majority of its "storefronts" are casual and one time dealers, only 10% or less are legitimate or full time dealers. With the big discount retailers and a bunch of online megastores providing selling services today Shopify is facing major headwinds.