Conceal Carry In Florida Summer

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Chuck Norris
I front pocket carry with jeans. I have always used a Desantis Nemesis holster and had no issues. I sweat all under at work and used the little holster that came with my LCP II. It is made of some material that is apparently absorbent. After a bit I noticed rust forming on the slide and safety release. Yes I lubricate my guns but not daily. Cleaned it up and put it in a Desantis holster and it is good to go.
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
CDI

Post by CDI »

G26 or G43 in a raven concealment vanguard holster.
Gmountain

Post by Gmountain »

IWB with a t-shirt or Hawaiian shirt or polo short works fine for me.
Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger »

+1
No anchovies?
You've got the wrong man, I spell my name Danger

To anger a conservative, lie to him - to anger a liberal, tell him the truth" Teddy R
photohause

Post by photohause »

J frame Model 60 in leather shoulder rig with Kydex holster, vertical with grip at 6 tucked way high.
Short sleeve shirt. Very comfy, easy access.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

Summer heat, no problem... I still wear jeans and long sleeved dress shirts. Full sized Inox Beretta behind my hip IWB, under the heavy canvas work shirt I wear instead of a jacket. I live in Florida because I LIKE the heat. I don't start to feel comfortable until the temp gets above 85. My A/C thermostat is set to 95. I need all that clothing when I go in a store or some public building that is refridgerated :-)

Besides, my skin is too old to expose it to the sun any more. I already spend too much time at the dermatologist's getting cancers froze or cut out.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Full size P226 OWB w/ reporters vest.

Once inside restaurants and such I can remove my vest and place it over my holstered gun in a booth. Nobody is really fooling anyone in South Florida. I can pick out the CCW guys all the time no matter what they try.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:14 am Full size P226 OWB w/ reporters vest.

Once inside restaurants and such I can remove my vest and place it over my holstered gun in a booth. Nobody is really fooling anyone in South Florida. I can pick out the CCW guys all the time no matter what they try.
That's the difference between a trained eye and not. Given most CCW holders probably don't carry and just have it to expedite gun purchases, I'd be surprised if more than a few people knew what to look for re: spotting concealed weapons on someones person.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:14 am I can pick out the CCW guys all the time no matter what they try.
You'd better not be staring at my a$$... :oops:

Barami Hip Grip on S&W 442 in back pocket

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA