How Many Robocalls Do You Receive Daily?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Not sure if you have ATT but they have a great app that blocks calls it's called AT&T Call Protect.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

ZERO...

Every cell phone in the USA has the capability of being setup to screen calls on a "White List" basis. I set my El Cheapo prepaid cell phone that way 8 years ago and have never received a robocall on it. It only rings if someone in my contact list calls me.

We don't need no steenkeng apps...
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Iosef wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:21 pm It only rings if someone in my contact list calls me.
New/potential clients aren't already in my contact list. I have to answer all calls live.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

Villafuego wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 pm I've noticed a pretty big increase in them......vehicle warranties....lower back pain...lower your energy bill.....etc.....

They spoof numbers....so blocking them doesn't do much good.....
I got one yesterday from a spoofed number for the warranty scam. It was a fairly good AI. IO asked if I was speaking to a real person, it said yes. So I asked what's the third letter of the alphabet, it replied I am Sara.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Why don't these f'er's go legit? If a telemarketer called to sell a case of motor oil cheaper than I could buy locally, I'd buy it!
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Greg

Post by Greg »

This is one of those very few times I wish for our government to step in and stop this shit
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

I don't receive as many as I use to, some of the numbers I would recognize I would Fxxx with them. I would say hang on let me get my hearing aids and leave the phone sitting on the coffee table, eventually they would hang up. Still it can be annoying, I've gotten calls from Belarus and Africa, but I don't answer.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

when on the toilet i hold the phone down by my ass an let them enjoy some of the "noise",LOL
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Greg wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:36 am This is one of those very few times I wish for our government to step in and stop this shit

Oh yes, the Gooberment did step in already! They did their usual cluster F*ck! Enjoying your "Do not call list?" solution they created years ago? Yeah, that was effective - just like 99% of all their other crap.

"Hello, I'm from the Gooberment and here to help you!"

My thread get deleted about the Gooberment Shutdown, Missing your Gooberment service? :lol:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I ask them to hold as I have a call on the other line, then just simple hang up, most don't call back

I wish those people who work at those type of call centers all commit suicide